MagnaCharger RADIX Installation Instructions

SinisterSS

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Damn you have guts, Ben. I just read the directions, too. They did seem straight forward BUT to tear into an engine without me having any prior mechanic experience.................................nada. I wouldn't have the balls. I can see me now. Spent a whole day putting it all together, get in the truck, turn the key and nothing. What the hell would I do then? Call a tow truck? Pay twice the price to have it un-installed and reinstalled correctly???? That would be my luck. You have my admiration, buddy.

What is it costing you if you are doing all the work?

Damn you have guts, Ben. I just read the directions, too. They did seem straight forward BUT to tear into an engine without me having any prior mechanic experience.................................nada. I wouldn't have the balls. I can see me now. Spent a whole day putting it all together, get in the truck, turn the key and nothing. What the hell would I do then? Call a tow truck? Pay twice the price to have it un-installed and reinstalled correctly???? That would be my luck. You have my admiration, buddy.

What is it costing you if you are doing all the work?

Just the cost of the s-chgr.....really. I have some experience tinkering with trucks. Everything done to my last two, I've done. Including lowering my last truck - that was different having the truck up on jack stands and the rearend completely detached from the truck. Didn't ever think it would get back together. It wasn't engine work, but basically all this is changing out the intake. It is a little more involved than that, but really, thats all it is. It'll be a piece of cake. :thumbs:

Good luck, ma man. If you get it done without any hitches I might just drive to FL and pay you to do mine (while I consume one of your cold beers and watch. :D

We would be talking family discount, right? ;)

Sure....how about I install your s-chgr for a set of the wheels on your truck? Sound like a good deal? Or, you could just bring the beer, but you might not want me drinking while messing with your truck. :D

Well, I'll be damned. You're right. I REALLY like opt. B. And, you're correct - I'll buy but you must hold off until the last bolt is tighteded and the engine started. Then I'll buy you all you can drink..............:D

It beats the price I got quoted from LPE.

I'll bet it does. I found "better" deals myself, but every car nut I talked to said the same thing: Pay LPE--it's money well spent.

One anecdote: I called Ed Potter at LPE after the install and asked him about the programmer that was supposed to come with the Radix (and which I never received). He said, "Oh, we throw those away and use our own." My kind of place. These folks know what they're doing.

Archived