4L70E experience??

The 06' VMAX and trailblazerSS come with the new 4L70E trans. I have a VMAX and really want to delete the TM on my PCM tune, but i am concerned about the increased stress on the trans. Yes, the trailblazer comes with 50 more horses and manages just fine, but my silverado has got to be heavier. Has anybody deleted 100% of their TM on a VMAX? Any trans issues? Am i worried about nothin? Should I wait for shift kit to do the PCM tune? Thank you'all

You'll be fine. The Vortec Max has very little torque management in it stock anyway. With a little programming work that is going to be a fun truck to drive (do burnouts with). :D

Thanks zippy....you are the only person who has spoken with authority to calm my concerns. Does the engine have less TM on it in Vortec Max guise than it does in SS form? Maybe because the stronger diff and rear axle? Are you coming out with a shift kit for it anyhow? Sorry about all the questions...this is real interesting though.

I'm planning to test a kit I put together for the 70E in a week or two. It should work killer with the stout build of the stock 70E. As for the torque management, I'll have to pull the file from our 06' SSS on the lot and compare them to let you know. :thumbs:

Hey zippy, when you get some time can you research the internals of the 65 and 70? I'd be interested in whether or not they are actually better pieces in there. If they are any better could be a better way to go if it will fit under the AWD SS without the issues that the 80 conversion has.

I know you mention the one piece.

I'm working on that. At this point my only question on it work is that the 06' and newer 65E and 70E's uses and input speed sensor. There were some updates to lighten the internals due to the higher rpm of the LS2. The only differences I've been able to find between the 06' 65E and 70E at this point is the output shaft. I haven't found anything else that has a different part number at this point. I ordered an input drum for an 06' 65E/70E and I'll post a picture of it now that I think of it. Aside from the input speed sensor issue, I think the 70E may be a direct bolt in. It appears to be a very nice trans right from the factory. About as good as they might be able to ever produce from the factory.

I spoke to a guy in Louisiana today about the trans. Says they have billet servo's that will work in it, but a shift kit isnt around and apparently isnt needed. Says the 70E basically has all the goodies from the factory. I am skeptical.

Archived