Run in with a Joe Gibbs

bsteff

I was driving today and glanced in my rearview and thought I saw another SS coming up behind me. As it got closer I noticed it was a Joe Gibbs truck. Sure enough he weaves traffic and pulls up next to me. He got a little jump because I didn't get on it until I heard his blower starting to whine. The sound of the corsa exhausts screaming from both trucks was awesome :chevy: . The SS stayed right on his tail even though it wasn't much of a race because he let off, waved, and turned off almost right away. Good to see a friendly guy with good taste in vehicles though. The only people that seem to want to play around here are little punks with cars that have a primer paintjob, 4 mismatched wheels, and a 8" fartcan out the back.

That was me in the Gibbs truck. I was on my way to Tousleys to look at a scooter with my girlfriend. The trucks did sound cool though. I put a boost gauge and an interceptor scan gauge on the pillar. Other than that it's still got the stock radix tune and pullies (5psi boost). The blower comes on almost instantly.

Always good to see some cool SS trucks. Most people by Duluth in SS trucks would never have even stepped on it going down the road. :driving:

That was me in the Gibbs truck. I was on my way to Tousleys to look at a scooter with my girlfriend. The trucks did sound cool though. I put a boost gauge and an interceptor scan gauge on the pillar. Other than that it's still got the stock radix tune and pullies (5psi boost). The blower comes on almost instantly.

Always good to see some cool SS trucks. Most people by Duluth in SS trucks would never have even stepped on it going down the road.  :driving:

Are you from Duluth or the Twin Cities? I was actually hoping it might have been someone from this site that is why I posted about it. Hope to see you on the road some more.

I live just outside of duluth. I lurk around on this site though. Go to the cities for hockey games and car shows mostly. Planning on going to the Car Craft summer nats @ the fairgrounds in July.

hopefully by july the truck will have a couple more pounds of boost and a cold air kit.

Archived