Rear performance tires for 2WD SSS

a-blur-by-you

I am looking into buying a set of performance street/drag tires for the rear of my SSS 2WD. My question is I was looking to see if you knew of such a tire that has these characteristics? I was looking into a 305/50/20 tire something kind of along the lines to match the front stock tires. I did a search but really nothing pop up of someone doing this on a 2WD. I think that would look mean given a wider rear tire in the back with some grip :devil:

What do ya think?? :dunno:

I def. DO NOT want the tire to stick out on the outside of the rim but rather filling in the inside of the wheelbase....I do have the McGaughy's 2/3 drop

Thanks in advance :chevy:

I'd look into the 295/50R20. Try not to go any taller than the stock tires if you can help it.

305/50/20 is closer to the same height as the stock 275/55/20's (within .3%). The 295/50/20's are slightler shorter than stock (witin .9%) so either are "close enough".

Personally, I'm going with 275/45/20's when it's time to change. Of course, being AWD, I'm just looking for the shorter gearing and not to concerned with needing to go wider. :thumbs:

I'd look into the 295/50R20. Try not to go any taller than the stock tires if you can help it.

305/50/20 is closer to the same height as the stock 275/55/20's (within .3%). The 295/50/20's are slightler shorter than stock (witin .9%) so either are "close enough".

Personally, I'm going with 275/45/20's when it's time to change. Of course, being AWD, I'm just looking for the shorter gearing and not to concerned with needing to go wider. :thumbs:

thanks boon and zippy, I will def. go with tires that are about the same height as the stock tires. Any certain tire you recommend as far as a true performance tire?

Archived