2/2 Drop Vibration

Mike Jones

I have a vibration that just kinda seemed to pop up outta the blue...

I have an 06 22 2wd with a Belltech 2/2 Drop. Spindles up front and shackles in the back...

Under 1/4 throttle acceleration or more I get a shimmy at about 30mph, right about when it gets into power in 2nd gear...only lasts for a second and goes away. No vibrations at 5mph or 100mph just kinda in that spot.

Like I said, maybe I just didnt notice before but it seemed to just pop up in the last day or two.

Wheel weights or Pinion angle? I have 22's on the truck but dont think that has anything to do with it...

Any ideas? Appreciate it!

No I didnt...but thanks for the part #, I was under the impression I wouldnt have to with the 2" drop but would with a 3".

I'll have to try the shim out... :cool:

Keep us posted. The reason I've waited for so long to drop the rear is the talk of vibrations. I won't drop it if there is any vibration.

No I didnt...but thanks for the part #, I was under the impression I wouldnt have to with the 2" drop but would with a 3".

I'll have to try the shim out... :cool:

Keep us posted. The reason I've waited for so long to drop the rear is the talk of vibrations. I won't drop it if there is any vibration.

Will do...Ordered the shim kit today, I'll throw it in when it gets here and post up what happens.

• 2 weeks later...
I've got 2" drop rear shackles and have never had any vibrations at any speed...  :dunno:

Besides your driveline is completely different from a 2wd. The change in the drivline angle is going to be more drastic in the 2wd because the rear half of the drive shaft is shorter than yours so the angle on the 2wd is going to be greater with the same amount of drop.

Hey Guys I'm new to this site but I want to put some input to this problem that may help. I put 22" on my truck and it did the same thing. It turned out to be flat spots on my tires from setting. It took a little driving for the tires to warm up and it would go away. Nice site I really enjoy reading alot of the post.

I've got 2" drop rear shackles and have never had any vibrations at any speed...  :dunno:

Besides your driveline is completely different from a 2wd. The change in the drivline angle is going to be more drastic in the 2wd because the rear half of the drive shaft is shorter than yours so the angle on the 2wd is going to be greater with the same amount of drop.

Ahhhhh, didn't know the 2WD stuff was different in the rear end. Sorry. :dupe:

• 4 years later...

I have a vibration that just kinda seemed to pop up outta the blue...

I have an 06 22 2wd with a Belltech 2/2 Drop. Spindles up front and shackles in the back...

Under 1/4 throttle acceleration or more I get a shimmy at about 30mph, right about when it gets into power in 2nd gear...only lasts for a second and goes away. No vibrations at 5mph or 100mph just kinda in that spot.

Like I said, maybe I just didnt notice before but it seemed to just pop up in the last day or two.

Wheel weights or Pinion angle? I have 22's on the truck but dont think that has anything to do with it...

Any ideas? Appreciate it!

I got an 04 SS AWD lowered it 2/2 with belltech spindles and shackles w/ shocks. after i lowered it i got a vibration at almost all speeds. i put rancho 2.5 degree shims in the rear and it is GONE! fat part of shim towards rear.

Archived