alternative to the Yank TT converters?

Yes traction is something of the past now for you.

:devil::devil::devil:

Now i have to figure out the install. I found a local tranny shop to do it for $390. I hate paying that much, but my garage will not allow the height needed and i don't have any place else to do it. My driveway is on a hill so doing it there is out of the question.

Do it in your driveway like I did. No height problem there.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now i have to figure out the install. I found a local tranny shop to do it for $390. I hate paying that much, but my garage will not allow the height needed and i don't have any place else to do it. My driveway is on a hill so doing it there is out of the question.

:crackup::crackup: dude, you're funny. did you even read my post that you quoted?

Okay, I didn't read it all.....do it in the road. IMO, it beats paying $390. Your money, your choice.

:crackup::crackup: dude, you're funny. did you even read my post that you quoted?

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys, got the converter in yesterday, i ended up just paying a shop to do it. i hate doing that but oh well. anyways, while it was being done, i took a bunch of pics, just wanted to share.

as far as the drivability goes, there really isn't much difference at all. for those of you on the fence about doing a converter, don'st sweat it, just do it. normal everyday driving, there is basically no difference at all, but from a dig, i spin all 4 everytime. fun fun fun.!

P1010009Medium.jpg

P1010002Medium.jpg

P1010003Medium.jpg

P1010013Medium.jpg

P1010015Medium.jpg

P1010017Medium.jpg

P1010006Medium.jpg

P1010016Medium.jpg

You are one picture takin Dude Holty. You going to the track Wed.

LOL, yeah i know, i figured i got this nice digital camera, i might as well use it. I don't take pictures of anything else but my truck though LOL.

nah, can't make it to the track Wed. Mike is coming down to do some data logging on his truck. Plus i got yard work to do during the day :(

I think you might be reading it wrong. It should flash to around 3000, if it's a 2600. The added torque from the Radix will amplify it. Zippy has posted those results quite a few times.

I think you might be reading it wrong.  It should flash to around 3000, if it's a 2600.  The added torque from the Radix will amplify it.  Zippy has posted those results quite a few times.

yeah, i could be wrong, i havn't really messed with it alot yet. i know for sure though when i brake stall it, it goes to 2600.

Archived