alternative to the Yank TT converters?

i want a 2800 stall tc. i was going to buy a Yank, since they are priced very reasonably, but they don't sell a 2800 stall. only the 2600 and the 3000. why is this? is there a affordable alternative to Yank that offers a 2800 stall tc?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Curious, why the splitting hairs with 200 RPM? :confused:

BTW, behind a Radixed application, the TT2600 should stall around 2800-3000. May want to ask Ben, I believe he has a TT2600, he could tell you what his stalled to when he had his Radix.

just ordered my Yank TT 2600. Can't beat that price. Not sure yet if i can install it myself or not though. I don't think my Garage is high enough to put my truck up high enough on the jack stands.

just ordered my Yank TT 2600.  Can't beat that price.  Not sure yet if i can install it myself or not though.  I don't think my Garage is high enough to put my truck up high enough on the jack stands.

:driving: I'm pretty sure your garage isn't tall enough to do the converter change. You might check with the place that did the shift kit.

I told you this modding is a sickness!!!! It NEVER ends!!!!! :banghead:

just ordered my Yank TT 2600.  Can't beat that price.  Not sure yet if i can install it myself or not though.  I don't think my Garage is high enough to put my truck up high enough on the jack stands.

:driving: I'm pretty sure your garage isn't tall enough to do the converter change. You might check with the place that did the shift kit.

I told you this modding is a sickness!!!! It NEVER ends!!!!! :banghead:

Bill, call me when you get a chance! don't worry, it won't be long distance :crackup:

why not get a trailblazer stall for less money??

I have heard they are junk. Just a weaker stall that the engine torque can overpower to a point. I would go with a yank, or something built for the LQ9 displacement, weight, and towing potential.

i've heard nothing but good things about the TB stall, but i just didn't want to deal with core exchange, shipping, etc. I just talked to Dave at Yank, they will be shipping mine by the end of the week.

the cool thing about a yank is they are rated at the same towing capacity as the stock tc!

yeah, that is kinda important to me. I do tow occasionally. I kinda wanted a 2800 stall though, because both of the supercharged SS's i drove had the 2800 stall and i REALLY liked how they drove. Very racey feeling. I went with the 2600 instead of the 3000 per Zippy's advice. I just hope i like the 2600. Zippy said it will actually stall to around 3k, so i'm sure i will.

why not get a trailblazer stall for less money??

I have heard they are junk. Just a weaker stall that the engine torque can overpower to a point. I would go with a yank, or something built for the LQ9 displacement, weight, and towing potential.

Do you have something to back this up????

You're going to love that stall Holty. It instantly will make traction a problem on the launch, but damn is that fun.

Yes traction is something of the past now for you.

:devil::devil::devil:

Now i have to figure out the install. I found a local tranny shop to do it for $390. I hate paying that much, but my garage will not allow the height needed and i don't have any place else to do it. My driveway is on a hill so doing it there is out of the question.

Archived