Top Speed

ssfromsd

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WTF!!!

mine goes NO MORE at 117 mph... :dunno:

it feels like there is more there, it just won't get there!! :banghead:

I was cruising this morning as a matter of fact @ 115-117 just wouldn't gimme anymore...

ripped.gif

you guys are crazy....130ish in a siverado. Thats a lot of air to move. I've done 156 in my 540i several times and just the small bumps in the road really magnify at that speed. But in a truck with 32 inch tires....has got to be hairy unless you are running a very tight suspension setup. What suspension setups are you 130ish guys running?

you guys are crazy....130ish in a siverado.  Thats a lot of air to move.  I've done 156 in my 540i several times and just the small bumps in the road really magnify at that speed.  But in a truck with 32 inch tires....has got to be hairy unless you are running a very tight suspension setup.  What suspension setups are you 130ish guys running?

Stock suspension for me on a road that is straight and as close to perfectly flat as can be for about 50 miles.

WTF!!!

mine goes NO MORE at 117 mph...  :dunno:

it feels like there is more there, it just won't get there!!  :banghead:

I was cruising this morning as a matter of fact @ 115-117 just wouldn't gimme anymore...

ripped.gif

Cruising at 115-117 eh? WTF you think your on the autobahn and shit lol. :driving:

...asuming that was in a N/A truck Zippy, right?  If not, I need your secret on how you kept the IAT's so low.  :jester:

The 143 truck was N/A, yeah. :jester:

...asuming that was in a N/A truck Zippy, right?  If not, I need your secret on how you kept the IAT's so low.  :jester:

The 143 truck was N/A, yeah. :jester:

What does it have done to it? :X

:nono: For now that is classified info..

Maybe in about 2 weeks or so it will be declassified. :jester:

you guys are crazy....130ish in a siverado.  Thats a lot of air to move.  I've done 156 in my 540i several times and just the small bumps in the road really magnify at that speed.  But in a truck with 32 inch tires....has got to be hairy unless you are running a very tight suspension setup.  What suspension setups are you 130ish guys running?

Actually no.. stock suspension for me too. A heavy enough vehicle with AWD and it just sticks. I probably wouldn't recommend going around anything more than a LONG sweeping corner at 130, but in a straight line it feels glued to the road.

The 143 truck was N/A, yeah.  :jester:

I would assume either a bunch of boost or possibly one of the 408 trucks Zippy is working on..

Actually no.. stock suspension for me too. A heavy enough vehicle with AWD and it just sticks. I probably wouldn't recommend going around anything more than a LONG sweeping corner at 130, but in a straight line it feels glued to the road.

The 143 truck was N/A, yeah.  :jester:

I would assume either a bunch of boost or possibly one of the 408 trucks Zippy is working on..

Zippy and I are working on it..

And it is Natrually asperated and it is stock cubes.

WTF!!!

ripped.gif

I bet if it were all black it would pull for you :jester:

I'm thinking of upgrading my torsion bars, actually...

Remember that in these trucks the rubber overload snubber is calibrated to provide a progressive assist to the torsion bars, so the front spring rate feels progressive rather than linear. I can tell a big difference > 100-mph now that I've cut my front snubbers (I installed lowering spindles & keys). I now realize the 'right' thing to do on a lowered truck is to keep the stock snubbers (don't cut them) but somehow pocket them into the frame, shhyeah right :ughdance:

Mr. P.

Edit - I just read something else interesting, when lowering our truck the angle between the lower control arm and the ground is decreased, which increases the leverage the LCA has on the torsion bar; by how much I dunno but something to think about later...

WTF!!!

ripped.gif

:crackup: Seriously, maybe it's that oxygenated crap you have to run in CA?

WTF!!!

ripped.gif

:crackup: Seriously, maybe it's that oxygenated crap you have to run in CA?

I'm thinking it's an operator error. :D I can do well over 115 using this crap gas.

Archived