8 Second 67 Chevelle...it's a "street car" too

Bowtie70SS

This is a long video that shows the parts, and how it's put together. It also shows him driving on the street and making something like a 8.61 pass at the dragstrip. Good God is this thing fast...you won't hardly believe how hard it leaves.

Dave

Jesus this thing is fast!

PS. The racing starts at 5:45 on the movie

Cool video.

I guess I'm spoiled by silly fast street cars, we have a bunch of them, so I take a different perspective.

I see the reverse lights come on when he backs up, and I crack a smile. That's pretty cool.

We had a 1967 Chevelle here a few years back, street car, no power adders, no nitrous- it ran very low 9 second runs, the weird thing was it looked stock and it was QUIET! It had a 10 inch tire on the rear, rallye wheels, and a stock looking gold paintjob. Funniest thing to watch at the track! :thumbs:

I like that car in the video because it doesn't look like a big bucks "million dollar paintjob" show queen, it looks like a badarse street car somebody built in their own garage.

:thumbs:

Cool video.

I guess I'm spoiled by silly fast street cars, we have a bunch of them, so I take a different perspective.

I see the reverse lights come on when he backs up, and I crack a smile.  That's pretty cool.

We had a 1967 Chevelle here a few years back, street car, no power adders, no nitrous- it ran very low 9 second runs, the weird thing was it looked stock and it was QUIET! It had a 10 inch tire on the rear, rallye wheels, and a stock looking gold paintjob. Funniest thing to watch at the track!  :thumbs:

I like that car in the video because it doesn't look like a big bucks "million dollar paintjob" show queen, it looks like a badarse street car somebody built in their own garage.

:thumbs:

I agree it just blows my mind what some people are doing on 10-inch tires.

I agree it just blows my mind what some people are doing on 10-inch tires.

We have a Pro Street Mustang up here, the guy has run 6.80s on a 10" tire!

I guess suspension technology has finally caught up to us. It's still amazing that you can do that on a 10" tire.

Btw, that's a baaaaad car. Launches perfect. Straight and low. :cool:

Archived