04 Titan vs 06 SS

Mike Jones

Raced a buddy of mine last night in an 04 2dr Titan...

From a 1st gear roll I put about 5 feet of space between his front bumper and my rear bumper UNTIL I hit 3rd gear...then he pretty much screamed by me :confused:

We are both bone stock...Just kinda suprised I guess, I used to have a Titan and they have killer drivetrains...Their motor/trans(5spd auto) combo is awesome...You dont have the problem of falling out of power so bad at 85mph+. But the way it was going until then I didnt think Id get reeled back in...

Time for some mods I guess! :banghead:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
if its 2wd he should have killed him on top end, unless he has mods something isnt right!

I agree. The Titan is a strong running truck with a nice powertrain, and will give a stock SS a run for the money on the highway. However, even an AWD SS will pull one in the end. IMHO there is no way he could have blown by you like that if he's stock and your truck is running OK. :wtf:

haha I wish I was full of shit...but Im a little butthurt about it to be honest :cool:

The Titan had a killer powertrain...thats about it and why I got rid of it, the rest of the truck was falling apart and Nissan is a joke when it comes to taking care of warranty issues like that.

I did pull away from him...I even let him hit it first, I came back from his rear bumper to putting space on him in the middle of 2nd gear, but for some reason when my truck hits 3rd gear its like I pulled the E-Brake and he pulled past me and was inching away til I hit the 105mph limit. Up til 80-85mph my truck seems to rip, but 3rd seems so damn tall it takes a minutes to get going and when it finally does it hits the limiter.

Mine is a 2wd and its black...the fast color, ehh well I thought is was anyway ;)

Im not trolling...Just suprised I got pulled and tryin to see how common it was...apparently not common though. haha

Any of you guys notice a difference running 87 octane instead of 91? I've only had my truck for like 6 weeks and the dealer filled up my tank w/ 87 ... for bringing back GM's dealer quality survey or whatever it was with good marks.... It doesnt detonate on 87...I cant see it making a difference, but I guess these trucks have knock sensors and if it was detonating It would pull timing before I even heard it?

Any of you guys notice a difference running 87 octane instead of 91? I've only had my truck for like 6 weeks and the dealer filled up my tank w/ 87 ... for bringing back GM's dealer quality survey or whatever it was with good marks.... It doesnt detonate on 87...I cant see it making a difference, but I guess these trucks have knock sensors and if it was detonating It would pull timing before I even heard it?

BINGO!! We have determined the problem.

Yes.. you can run the truck on 87 but it goes to a lower octane table... I say you get that 87 out of the tank and race him again once you've got some 91 in there... with the compression of these being so high its a must you run 91 or better to be competitive on the street.

I'd also venture to guess you're a California guy if you're talking 91 octane instead of 93. :thumbs:

Archived