04 Titan vs 06 SS

Mike Jones

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Get the facts straight Devil jess jess the MAF was clean and it was before I got my computer reset

And speaking of dumb people that drive every make and model of vehicle on the road, here's one that drives a TBSS :thumbs:

Fear the reaper, better get on line and find out the cost of new doors for that wannabe TRD, cause u cant dodge me for ever.

Love always,

THE CORVETTE IS MINIVANS CLOTHING

Get the facts straight Devil jess jess the MAF was clean and it was before I got my computer reset

And speaking of dumb people that drive every make and model of vehicle on the road, here's one that drives a TBSS :thumbs:

Fear the reaper, better get on line and find out the cost of new doors for that wannabe TRD, cause u cant dodge me for ever.

Love always,

N00b Fight! :D

The whole point of my original post was to find out if Chevy pulls timing at a particular MPH or RPM etc etc....Just seems like my truck falls on its face once it shifts into 3rd gear. My mustang had a set up in the computer called tip-in retard, when you would shift hard(powershift) it would retard 5 or 6* of timing into the next gear to save the tranny...you could tune that out so I was wondering if GM had something similar....

Chevy does program in torque management. Meant to do the same thing. It occurs just before the shift. It can be removed with a PCM reprogram. I wouldn't do it with at least a shift kit and larger tranny cooler, but it can be done. Taking it out will make you faster along with pushing out your WOT shift points.

Yeah I figured that...you can feel it. Just curious why would I need a cooler and shift kit if I had a tune done to do away with the TM? Not to sound like a retard, I've just always have cars with a manual so I'm kinda new to the automatic world :D I can see the tranny cooler I guess, but I was thinking the shift kit and the tune would accomplish the same thing?

Thanks man :D

Removing all of the tq mgt is going to take a little toll on the tranny in its stock form. The shift kit will improve the shift and keep it cooler as will the larger tranny cooler. You can have it removed without, but given the very few options you can do to the tranny without removing it and having it built, a shift kit and larger cooler is the best thing to do before you remove all of the tq mgt.

Love always,

N00b Fight! :D

:withstupid::pop:

• 6 months later...

That Titan was definately not stock. CAI AND PIPE most likely. Yes the 87 octane is what killed you. Funny how these threads start of constructive and then boil down to caca. I almost thought he was a troll too. MIKE JONES - in spanish mike jones is like my nuts - mi cojones - mic jones - mike jones - here in miami you hear mike jones and we know what it means. We also use nic jones - ni cojones which means "nothing" - like "did you hook up last night?" "ni cojones" "really?" So that was street spanish 101 for today.

The 87 octane is what killed you. The engine has a detonation sensor. When it senses detonation (i.e. pulling hard in 3rd), the cumputer will pull timing until it stops. The retarded timing kills your HP.

In defense of the Titan, the 5 speed auto does have an advantage over our 4 speed. The gears are closer together in the Titan. I have noticed my truck accelerates like crazy through first and second, but once it hits third (74 MPH or so), it accelerates more slowly. It does seem like a big difference between second and third. Also, the stock VMAX's start pulling timing at around 90 MPH. Their tires are not speed rated like the SS's, so GM limits top speed. A tune will cure that.

Mike

Archived