pics of the new pacesetters and exhaust

jboyss

how does it sound????  so you went with no cats?

it sounds poopy right now cause i have a leak. And i do have the cats they are just further back, ill get ya a pic of em.

looks good but the tips look pretty skinny in the pics :dunno:  Other than that I say good work :cheers:

I think they are too skinny also and to far apart but i trusted my exhaust guy to do the right thing and he kinda let me down. O well ill just have to deal with it and let it grow on me.

What size did you go with for your headers/back? It looks small. And I have to say those welds look like :puke: Are you not in to washing that motor? On a better note I have that pin kit and will get it out to you the first part of next week.

how does it sound????  so you went with no cats?

it sounds poopy right now cause i have a leak. And i do have the cats they are just further back, ill get ya a pic of em.

looks good but the tips look pretty skinny in the pics :dunno:  Other than that I say good work :cheers:

I think they are too skinny also and to far apart but i trusted my exhaust guy to do the right thing and he kinda let me down. O well ill just have to deal with it and let it grow on me.

just get fatter tips put on to make up for the space between the two

First off congrat on the headers! :D

How is the performance of the truck now? More low end, top end, or both?

Is the sound much louder with the headers and using the stock cats?

As for the tips the angle looks good but the size is way too small IMO. You can get some nice Stainless Steel 3" or so tips from Summit for only $20 each. I run one instead of my Corsa tips in the winter to keep them nice. Many options available, here is just one inexpensive option.......

Summit Tip Link

sum-690051.jpgsum-690052_w.jpg

Also, since your exhaust tubing is welded directly to the header collector I hope you never have to remove one header or drop the tranny. I would have either used ball flanges or just used Stainless Steel band style clamps so you can take the exhaust appart when you want to.

Here is a pic of the band clamps I used on my Camaro headers (Pacesetters).

314999_243_full.jpg

314999_246_full.jpg

Where did you get the band clamps? I put my Magnaflow's on last week but ahead of the muffler all they give you is the old style muffler clamps.

jboyss, sorry to Hijack the tread :( ........................Honestly, I got them at Nappa for about $10 each. They are called "Quick Seal" I believe. Actually most are made by Walker which can be had from many auto parts shops under they Dynomax Torctite name. They do seal nicely and allow your exhaust to be disconnected easily as they do not crush the pipe like Traditional u-shaped exhaust clamps do. Which was key when I had to drop the tranny on the Camaro to install the 3600 stall converter a month later. :D

You can get them from Summit Racing too.... Link to Summit Clamps

wlk-33226.jpg

Below are what mine look like

wlk-33223_w.jpg

These with the weld on tabs from Dynatech are nice too......

dtc-60-903001.jpg

Or These From Super Trapp......

sup-094-2000_w.jpg

Where did you get the band clamps? I put my Magnaflow's on last week but ahead of the muffler all they give you is the old style muffler clamps.

jboyss, sorry to Hijack the tread :( ........................Honestly, I got them at Nappa for about $10 each. They are called "Quick Seal" I believe. Actually most are made by Walker which can be had from many auto parts shops under they Dynomax Torctite name. They do seal nicely and allow your exhaust to be disconnected easily as they do not crush the pipe like Traditional u-shaped exhaust clamps do. Which was key when I had to drop the tranny on the Camaro to install the 3600 stall converter a month later. :D

You can get them from Summit Racing too.... Link to Summit Clamps

Thanks. They have been used on big trucks for years, 5 inch on up. I did not know that anyone made them that small. Got to get some.

wlk-33226.jpg

Below are what mine look like

wlk-33223_w.jpg

These with the weld on tabs from Dynatech are nice too......

dtc-60-903001.jpg

Or These From Super Trapp......

sup-094-2000_w.jpg

What size did you go with for your headers/back? It looks small. And I have to say those welds look like  :puke:  Are you not in to washing that motor? On a better note I have that pin kit and will get it out to you the first part of next week.

its all 2.5" all the way through. Im definately gonna have to invest in some larger 3" or 3.5" tips. And ive never taken the covers off of my engine till the day i took the pics so yea i guess it would be a little dirty under there. Do you want me to send you over money for the shipping of the pinning kit??

Archived