What makes it an SS?

72 K/5

Well firstly you have 6.0L motor in there LQ9 which has the 345 bhp. In 03 you could not get a Silverado with the LQ9. Also you have body cladding and colourmatched mirrors,handles,tailgate, front grill and the SS bumpers. You've got 20 inch rims thats are exclusive to the SS except for the suburban LTZ. Since you have an 03 it is awd which was not offered on any other silverado. Different suspension and brake package and some SS badging, which makes it different from the normal silverado.

Well firstly you have 6.0L motor in there LQ9 which has the 345 bhp.  In 03 you could not get a Silverado with the LQ9.  Also you have body cladding and colourmatched mirrors,handles,tailgate, front grill and the SS bumpers.  You've got 20 inch rims thats are exclusive to the SS except for the suburban LTZ.  Since you have an 03 it is awd which was not offered on any other silverado.  Different suspension and brake package and some SS badging, which makes it different from the normal silverado.

I knew of most of the cosmetic things. I can also see from the original window sticker I have the 6L. When I checked Chevy's 2003 web site it says that the SS came standard pumping out 345 hp. I was wondering what they did mechanically to get that additional 45 horse. Unless Im mistaken the stock 6L in 03 was only pushing a bit over 300 hp.

There are 2 6.0L lq9 and lq4 we have lq9 :cheers:

We do have the LQ9? I was getting confussed since "ChevySSandChevy8.1" said we do have the LQ9 :cheers: but then stated that the LQ9 was not available in 03.

The 03 comes with the LQ9, it is the same as the LQ4, just higher compression. I thought the LQ4 made 315 HP?

We do have the LQ9? I was getting confussed since "ChevySSandChevy8.1" said we do have the LQ9 :cheers: but then stated that the LQ9 was not available in 03.

He didnt say it wasnt available, he was just stating that it wasnt for any other truck.....

He didnt day it wasnt available, he was just stating that it wasnt for any other truck.....

OK I can see that now... I miss read what he was saying..... Thanks for the clarification... :thumbs:

The 03 comes with the LQ9, it is the same as the LQ4, just higher compression. I thought the LQ4 made 315 HP?

alittle more different then that,

Archived