Driver side mirror does not always return to the p

S10Wildside

Hey guys, got a strange problem here. I usually fold in my mirrors when I park just so no one accidently bumps into them. Sometimes when I fold them back out, the driver side mirror does not go all the way back to the preset position. Even if I touch the Driver 1 button, it won't go back to the Driver 1 position. The switch to choose between left and right mirror is in the central position, so there's chance of me accidently readjusting the mirror.

Anyone else notice this?

Just try reprogramming everything. Mine got a little squirrly once and I redid everything and hadn't had the prob since.

The same problem persists after reprogramming. Maybe not right away, but in time the same problem happens. I can't seem to recreate it...it recreates itself in its own time.

You KNOW GM won't service something like that. :rolleyes:

The owner’s manual has something in it on "cycling" the mirrors after manually folding them to get them back to normal operation... I'll have to look when I get home... Anyone have their book handy ???

Lee -- Heavy frost here the last two nights and dusting of snow in the mountains...

Almost time for THE SEASON (snowmobile season that is)

REALLY looking forward to using my de-frost regularly...:D

Klamath Falls lies in the rain shadow of the Southern Oregon Cascade Mountains. At approximately 4,100 to 4,300 feet elevation, 42 degrees N latitude, and 122 degrees W longitude, the region enjoys a semi-arid, high desert climate. Cold snowy winters and warm dry summers characterize Klamath County's climate. Average snowfall ranges from 41 inches at the Klamath Falls weather station to as much as 600 inches (50 feet!) at the highest elevations. The record snowfall was 879 inches (73 feet!). The area experiences moderate air temperatures which seldom exceed 90 degrees F for highs or 0 degrees F for lows. The difference between daily high and low air temperatures is often over 40 degrees F, and occasionally over 50 degrees F in the summer. Relative humidity is very low, often falling below 30%. About half of the annual precipitation occurs from November through January. Only 5% occurs from July to September. During summer months rainfall averages 0.4 inches. In winter months the average is about 1.6 inches. The area is subject to residual precipitation from the uplifting of storms passing over the Cascade Range. The area experiences a high proportion of sunny days approximately 300 annually.

Defrost? The second week in September? Wow. Where do you live that it gets that cold this early in the season?

Lee, it hasn't actually been cold here in FL, but I use mine almost every morning. The annual moisture from dew in FL, probably comes close to equalling your annual rain fall. Defroter takes about 2 minutes to clear both. I love it.

Ben,

I never even thought about that but now that you mention it it makes sense. I've lived in AZ too long (8 years) with our 8% humidity, rarely rains and 8 months of 70 degree weather and I forget about all those days I lived in Detroit, Phila, Atlanta etc. Believe it or not, this truck has still not been rained on. I'm spoiled. :lol:

Hartman,

You're getting into your peak season now, huh? Do you think the economy is going to hurt you this year? Hope not. It sure has slowed my little side line down.

Good luck, S10. I don't even you guys on the East coast. Hope this blows through quickly (and quietly).

Don't take this wrong Lee, but you suck!

I didn't. As a matter of fact, I rarely read any of your posts anyway so it;s a moot point. :D

Archived