Isabel

BenKey

I know a little late, but I hope you guys along the coast of North Carolina and Virginia are hunkered down. Just started coming ashore. Talked to a buddy of mine about 3 hours ago in VA and he said they already had lost power.

Stay safe and we'll get back up with you when you're able.

Raleigh, NC is seeing heavy rain and wind gusts up to about 40mph. I heard on the news there are already an estimate half million people without power. The eye is to the east of here by a couple counties and far enough away we won't experience hurricane force winds. The power has been flickering a bit, but hasn't gone out completley (yet).

For everyone in the path of Isabel, hope & pray you all stay safe from harm! Property can be rebuilt, but lives cannot.

i left aberdeen, md which is right on the bay at 11 i drove threw dc and down the state of va. didn't know it at the time but i drove right threw it. i came right down 81. the wind was pretty bad but not enough to make the truck move. but the rain was really bad. i just thank god i made it home and for those that are hit by it my prayers goes out to them.

Well, an update,

We lost all power at midnight thursday night friday morning. I have well water so water was out also. phones went out friday morning. Power went back on friday at 6 pm. Phones came back sat. morning.

Truck was warm and un-touched in the garage.

Mark

That picture is fake. It circulated around work on Thursday or Friday. No way could a front like that come in and the water be so calm around it. The seas would have been kicking up well before you saw the front coming. I think someone did some work in photoshop on this one.

Archived