Little did I know...

kude

that when I woke up this morning, I'd be driving home in a 2003 Silverado SS.

Driving to my work, my Ford F150 check engine light came on. My Ford dealer was nearby and I had them check it out. To kill time, I walked around the lot, and I see the SS. What's that doing here?

I go back to the waiting room, kill some more time. I see a salesman go by. I ask what's the deal on the SS.

It took a while for the salesman to figure out the alarm. I get in, and go nice seats. I for go for a test ride. I know I want it. So I get it.

It's a really really nice ride. It made me smile and that's all you need.

All I need is a hard tonneau cover and a bed liner. I'm not ready for mods like you guys might do, yet. I still have a lot to learn about that.

I think I'm going to have a few questions on some of the gizmos it already has, so bear with me.

ha yeah when i first got i was "immeadietly" getting a hard cover.....still waiting. but i got some more cool things. :devil: welcome to our world

Welcome to the site! :cheers:   Pics please :D

:withstupid:

Okay, I figured out how to get an image into the garage.

Day 2 and am finding myself finding any reason to go for a drive.

I let my older brother drive it last nite, the smile on his face said it all. He wants one.

What a purdy truck you have there. :cool: My little brother(19) always asks if he can drive my truck. :wtf: I have had mine for almost a year and he has yet to even sit in the driver's seat. :jester:

post-5121-1146650235_thumb.jpg

Nice ride man, glad to hear you left the dark side...  :jester:  :thumbs:

~Brian

Brian,

Thanks for posting the picture. Aw shucks, here I thought I was joining the dark side (more fun) side of the force. I knew I had left the dark ages as soon as I bought the SS and drove it home. ;)

Congrats on the truck, your gonna love it and it's gonna love your money

scary part is someone musta traded it on a furd :yellow_loser:

It loves gas, I know that. It's worth it because it is so responsive.

Actually, the young man who owned it traded it for a Dodge diesel pickup on the Ford lot. Go figure. The Chevy dealer is right across the street, so I don't get it.

I did a search and saw that the production run for the 2003 SSS was 1500. If thats true, is there any way to know which number (1 to 1500) we are?

I look at this truck as a collectors item, but I also feel that it needs to used and not sitting in a garage.

Archived