Motorola RAZR

SS Silv

Does anyone else have this phone. I just got one and am not sure if I like it. To me it doesn't seem very durable. My mom has one and she dropped it once and it totally shattered.

What are you opinons on this phone?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had one for 3 days and said no way, it was PITA to dial at times, and i always seemed to lean up against it and never knew it so returned it for a LG that was obviously bigger but i like it a lot more and its actually lighter than the RAZR

I had it for a couple months now.... I like it. I beat the shit out of my phones too! It doesn't even feel like you have a cell phone in your pocket, compared to the nextel phones I have been carrying around. I've droped it a couple times, and I've had no problems **knocking on wood**.

I like it. have dropped it hard enough to remove the batt door:(

Size was a factor, and it was cheap under $100.

yes it does seem better than my nextel was-i recieve calls on this one:)

I was all set and had my mind made up on buying it till someone told me he went thru two of them because the keypad would break causing certain numbers not to function.Well at best buy that night not one of the display models but all 4 of them had that issue, everyone of them the #5 button would not work.Nice looking phone but absolutley has duribility issues imo, when i heard what the cost would be to replace it after the 1 year warranty was up it was a easy choice to not buy it!

Oh yeah, the one thing that was odd about the RAZR phone I was told before i even purchased it was its the only cell phone that they already had replacements in stock if you broke it

i like it a lot, dropped it several times and i have gotten water in it....try not to get water in it...since theres no real buttons on it if waters falls on it it gets all screwy and the phone goes crazy. but the water dried and its been fine. ive had mine for almost a year now..

This will probably be my next phone when I sign-up again. I've got an old motorola phone that's just a pain. The only good thing about it is it's durable. I've dropped it a million times and even cracked the case, but it still works. I think the model number is T30 or something. It's 3 years old so mu contract expired a year ago.

I've have one, and haven't really had any issues/complaints other than the phone is a little slow (accessing phone #'s and such). A buddy of mine has the Samsung version of the razr, and it is much faster.

The only issue i have with the phone is that it gets a lot of dust under the screen if u keep it in your pocket, I've had it replaced once already. Other than that you can hardly tell its in your pocket and i have dropped it many times without any issues.

A friend of mine is a Manager at a Verizon Wireless store near where I live. According to him these phones were horrible when they first came out and had quite a bit of problems. He said now the new ones coming in are actually nice and aren't as prone to the problems they used to have.

Here's a handy hint: the RAZR does not like to be soaked in an extra-dirty gin Martini. Cannot comment on its tolerance of Vodka.

I think it's a good phone but it ain't heaven. The holster (a TWENTY DOLLAR) piece of plastic broke after about 10 days so I carry the thing in my pocket and I miss some calls even with it on vibrate.

My other complaint is that there is a lag of almost a second between when you press a button (say, to view recent missed calls) and the reaction of the screen to get you where you need to go. As a result, I end up double-tapping the button, often with hilarious consequences (say, accidentally re-dialing the last caller that I intentionally ignored).

That is all. Still searching for the perfect phone.

Michael

Archived