05 SS vs 02 SS Camaro

CenWaSS

On my way to work a buddy of mine has his SS camaro and rapidly gaining on me, I know he wants to race. He pretty much did a fly by, so I figured what the heck...I don't ever back down Im always up for a race. I flag him to slow down, he does, I say lets go from a stand still, he agrees. We take off, he spins, Im at least three lenths ahead of him through first, he flys by me around 65mph. We get to work he says he about shit when I pulled on him at the start. He couldnt believe a truck could take off like that. Anyhow it was fun, even though I lost.

Oh and since my bolt on mods, there has been NO Hemi (with similiar mods plus) that will keep up!

Later!

i really like that year camaro, i woulndt minfd having one for a daily driver, but knowing me i would get all mod crazy on it, nice work!!

i really like that year camaro, i woulndt minfd having one for a daily driver, but knowing me i would get all mod crazy on it, nice work!!

I'm more the '00-'02 T/A type myself. After driving EscaladeSS's car to him I've wanted one of my own ever since, damn fun car. But knowing me it would be a damn fun gazillion HP car :lol:

Mr. P. :)

yeah i really like the ws6's also i guess im just a bowtie lubber. i actually have a 00 firebird sitting in my garage, only thing is its got a v6 in it. i like the fronts of the fb better( espeacilally the ram air hood) but im not a big fan of the rear ends! i would drive either though no questions asked!

Nice run. It sounds like he needs to work on his driving. No offense to you or your truck, but a Camaro SS should have a 0-60 time of much quicker than your truck. He should have come by you well before 60.

yeah i really like the ws6's also i guess im just a bowtie lubber. i actually have a 00 firebird sitting in my garage, only thing is its got a v6 in it. i like the fronts of the fb better( espeacilally the ram air hood) but im not a big fan of the rear ends! i would drive either though no questions asked!

The WS6 cars are absolute ANIMALS - I want one! Friend of mine in Sonora CA has an '02 WS6 6-spd T/A (red); he had the PCM tuned, put drag radials on it, drove it to Sacaramento Raceway, engaged the traction control and the car went 11.79 on the first pass. :eek::eek::eek: Factory, off the showroom floor with PCM tune and drag radials. :crazy: Then he tells me that the clutch has never been quite right since :lol:

The WS6 cars are absolute ANIMALS - I want one! Friend of mine in Sonora CA has an '02 WS6 6-spd T/A (red); he had the PCM tuned, put drag radials on it, drove it to Sacaramento Raceway, engaged the traction control and the car went 11.79 on the first pass. :eek::eek::eek: Factory, off the showroom floor with PCM tune and drag radials. :crazy: Then he tells me that the clutch has never been quite right since :lol:

11.79 Stock?

11.79 Stock?

Yes - the car had 5000 miles, a PCM retune, and drag radials. If you are interested I will ask what kind of work was performed AFA the PCM tune.

Nice run. It sounds like he needs to work on his driving. No offense to you or your truck, but a Camaro SS should have a 0-60 time of much quicker than your truck. He should have come by you well before 60.

Ya, looking in my rear view mirror I could tell he was struggling through the gears. He really doesn't know how much car he has. Has more money than #!2#!

Archived