2wd SSS vs. 4wd SSS???

RMZracerx234

From what I can tell it's a coin-toss, the 1/4-mi times are about identical :confused: The AWD trucks launch much better and have 4.10 gears, but the 2WD trucks weigh 250-lbs less.. but anything less than a full 1/4-mi the AWD truck will probably get there first.

Mr. P. :)

I'll vote the 2wd because of the weight difference and there isn't as much drivetrain loss. The 4.10's in the AWD are just trying to make up for the drive train loss and the weight difference. A stock 2wd SS doesn't have that much wheel spin off the line to really worry about.

i would say it would be to close to call, the best stock for stock times are a 14.8-14.9 so imo you couldnt really say, only one way to find out. but anything shorter than a 1/4 mile would be awd for sure, anything top end would probably be a 2wd !

i would say it would be to close to call, the best stock for stock times are a 14.8-14.9 so imo you couldnt really say, only one way to find out. but anything shorter than a 1/4 mile would be awd for sure, anything top end would probably be a 2wd !

Keep in mind we are talking bone stock here!!! The 2wd doesn't get much wheel spin at all so I don't see how the AWD is gonna have that much advantage off the line. :dunno:

Yaa i don't get much wheel spin when i flore it from a stop. I break them loose but not to badd. I think we are going to find out on friday night... :driving:

i raced a vho in my awd and i pulled 2 trucks on him off the line and he never caught me to 75 he spun but not horribly either and this was when i was bone stock. I just think with the 410's and just a little wheel slippage it makes a difference i agree with the full quarter mile times it will be a toss up though.

I'll vote the 2wd because of the weight difference and there isn't as much drivetrain loss. The 4.10's in the AWD are just trying to make up for the drive train loss and the weight difference. A stock 2wd SS doesn't have that much wheel spin off the line to really worry about.

:withstupid: