Thunder Racing??

After reading about them on the forum, I ordered Hawk pads and Earl's lines from Thunder Racing on 4/22. I've gotten nothing from them since that time - no confirming email, no shipment notificaiton, and no response to several emails. Should I be worried?

I have ordered from them several times with no problems. Couldn't hurt to call and check. If you ordered online there may have been a problem and they didn't get it.

The unanswered emails would tip me off that something isn't right. There has to be an explanation besides you being blown off. I would hope anyway.

I have ordered from them several times with no problems.  Couldn't hurt to call and check.  If you ordered online there may have been a problem and they didn't get it.

The unanswered emails would tip me off that something isn't right.  There has to be an explanation besides you being blown off.  I would hope anyway.

:withstupid:

i got a confirmation email from them as soon as i made my purchase.

i really dont think you ever placed an order.  Did you check your credit card bill to see if you ever got charged.

I should have been more clear in my original post. I received an email notification after I placed my order on 4/22 with a total, including an internet order discount. My original post was referring to receiving nothing further after this point. The notice that I did receive stated that I would get a conformation email when my order was processed and another email with tracking info when my order shipped. I have received neither. My CC has still not been charged.

I just want an explanation for the lack of communication, including ignored emails and phone calls. Again, I'd cancel this order if I could figure out how.

Called again today and was directed to the same voicemail that I've left messages on two times previously. I will give them until them another day or two, and then I'll call my CC company. But I want to do that as a last resort - I'd really prefer to speak to a human at Thunder Racing and cancel my order. And tell them why.

Just to give it one more shot, I sent another email to sales, tech, and order info. That's three separate emails. If I get no response, I give up.

After leaving a rather strongly worded voicemail this morning requesting that my order be cancelled once and for all, I finally received the first communication from Thunder Racing since my order was placed on 4/22:

I am very sorry for no one getting back with you as of yet. This is partly my fault. I have received your emails but have been unable to find out a delivery date on the parts you ordered. We have your order and nothing has been billed yet but all of your items are still out of stock. The Hawk pads I expect to receive next week but I do not have an ETA on the Earl's lines. They are currently on backorder from Earl's for an expected 2-3 weeks longer. Again I apologize for the delay in responding to your inquiry's. This is entirely my fault. Please let me know if you need anymore information. I promise I will not be remiss in contacting you again.

I'm glad they finally responded, but I can't say I'm very happy with the response. Frankly this just doesn't come close to explaining why they ignored a customer's many inquiries for almost a month. How about a quick email: "we have your order but the items are out of stock, we will keep you posted..."??

unfortuneatly, in todays world, thats about as good as customer service you'll get when you have a cituation like this.

i personally dealt with thunder racing only once, and the experirence was good. actually, i ordered the EXACT same thing you did, and got my items quickely.

sorry to hear about your poroblem, but atleast you got closure.

Thunder has always been great to me. I had the same problem when ordering my pads. They waited a few days before they could tell me they were on back order because hawk was late in their shipment. I would say the only reason they contacted me was because i paid for next day shipping. Thunder is a great place to get things but I think they have grown so fast that they havn't expanded their work force.

• 3 weeks later...

Finally reached my wits end today after about three more weeks of no contact from Thunder, so I cancelled. Got all three items (Earl's lines, Hawk front and rear pads, along with some ATE super blue) on eBay for considerably less than Thunder Racing was charging. Glad to hear so many have had success there, but I'll never order from them again.

BTW, got the front and rear Hawk pads for $115 shipped from here: http://www.performancepeddler.com/

Thunder is charging $150.10 for the same pads.

Earl's lines were $127.95 shipped from here: http://www.woodwardspecialties.com/

A little priceier than Thunder ($121.99 + ship), but less than Summit ($136.94 shipped), and Woodward they had them in stock!

Archived