Pic of ram air

detjoe

More pics in How-to section

thanks fuelslut for the idea to put a decal in there for people to get down and look at :D

I used tiewraps to hold it in place, I cut a hole in the airbox support with a 4" hole saw, I offset the hole toward the back of the truck so in the middle of the plastic airbox. The I used a 3" hole saw to cut the hole into the airbox, then I used some insulation/foam to seal the two holes to each other. I only used a small piece of 3" PVC, you cannot even tell if you are looking at the engine compartment.

sorry the pic is of low quality.

post-2566-1147367216_thumb.jpg

thanks-I am slow getting stuff done

yea I know I should have taken more, I took the first one and my wife took our son rollerblading for the first time so I gave her the camera while I worked on it :banghead:

I'll pull it apart to snap some pics when I change my oil, or sooner it is raining and I want to see if any water made it up to the filter.

driving experence seems better, faster response...

i was gonna say... thats a killer spot for a decal :crackup: .... looks good joe :thumbs:

- i doubled up on hose/worm clamps and tied mine back to the bumper bracket... hasnt failed me yet!

this is the first style volant ram air tube connect to the stock box. the fisrt style tube uses two pices, and I think the new one is one piece, not really sure. I am going to take some more pics since this was easy and I think you could see gains even w/o the tube.

When i post more pics you will see the way I kind of took a short cut with sealing the tube so that any excess water will not get into the stock airbox.

nice that would have been a nice step by step"how to" project

Done.

I thought we were going to get more pics.  :confused: Hurry and change your oil :jester:

I did not even chage it yet, but I chenged the TBSS oil :devil:

Notice the Blaced out SS's on the side, very cool mod to darken it a bit :devil: