Killin other trucks

CaliChevyV8

o i forgot about that 360 vs 364 and they say their motor isnt a poor design. 4 cubic inches more and 100 hp more

Ouch! I guess you did forget that...?

Good thing too, as the argument is a pretty dumb one.

Don't think so...?

THINK BACK FIFTY YEARS.

Think back to 1956 and the new, stunning Chrysler 300, it was available with a 354 cubic inch engine that pumped out 355 horsepower.

Stock.

Nextttttttt

hahaha

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

o i forgot about that 360 vs 364 and they say their motor isnt a poor design. 4 cubic inches more and 100 hp more

Ouch! I guess you did forget that...?

Good thing too, as the argument is a pretty dumb one.

Don't think so...?

THINK BACK FIFTY YEARS.

Think back to 1956 and the new, stunning Chrysler 300, it was available with a 354 cubic inch engine that pumped out 355 horsepower.

Stock.

Nextttttttt

hahaha

How does that compare Quik?

For a FIFTY YEAR OLD SEDAN, how do the numbers stack up?

354 cubic inches.

355 horsepower.

And it was a ..... *brace for Quik's tears* ..... HEMI!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:crackup:

A stock bottom end Silverado in the 10's has been done. There are a few Silverado's that have went 12.5's with the 5.3L using bolt on's and a camshaft. There is a 4.8L that has went 11's on boost. Even though we're using full size trucks there isn't much concern of the R/T's.

Guess you're all running deep, deep 10s or 9s then huh? :)

No, neither are the R/T's. We can also run 10's on the stock pcm...

A stock bottom end Silverado in the 10's has been done. There are a few Silverado's that have went 12.5's with the 5.3L using bolt on's and a camshaft. There is a 4.8L that has went 11's on boost. Even though we're using full size trucks there isn't much concern of the R/T's.

I'm guessing he's pointing out the "there isn't much concern of the R/T's."

If "there wasn't much concern" then the SSS would have to be considerably faster than the R/t"s, not directly comparable...?

:dunno:

Maybe Zippy means the Dakotas are SMALLER than the SSS, when he says "there isn't much concern of the R/T's"....?

PS: Your full size trucks are only a few hundred lbs at most more than a Dakota, not enough to really be considered in a different class. RC 2WD Rams and new F150s weigh over 5klb for example....

A SS is 5250lbs. If we are talking SSs on the SS site.

According to you R/T guys in this thread a RC weighs 4000 and a CC weighs 4400. If every 100lbs is a tenth, that's pretty significant.

I referenced the trucks in general since the conversation had shifted to the Silverados in geenral. IE RC 2wd to RC 2wd, 4wd CC (or QC) to 2wd CC, etc.

The Silverado SS weighs more than a dakota R/T, but stock vs stock the SSS also have a WEE horsepower advantage, don't they??!

Are we mainly talking 4.7s or 5.9? I would hope 5.9s. Can't help you on the 4.7. But if you really lack any serious hp from our SIX whole cubic inches more compared to the 5.9L, then I would guess it is either due to a design problem or it is trying to meet CAFE standards, or something.

Once you remove all the factory restrictive BS, you basically have nearly the same block and lower end. Then add all the go-fast stuff (same stuff we would) and the weight difference plays a major factor in how fast you end up without changing the lower end. Bottom line, if I put my engine in your truck I could easily go in the low 11sec area, but couldn't come close being in my truck. It is not the stock lower end, but the same general principle applies.

That is why IMO, if you wanted to compare, then your weight class would be a S-10/Colorado/Canyon. You guys definitely reign supreme there, unless you find one with a V8 (not currently a factory option).

S10s and Rangers weigh WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY less than Dakotass. Dakotas are much clsoe to Silverados weight-wise.

You stated that "we" (Silverado SS owners) don't worry about R/Ts, yet there are R/Ts that quick, I'd assume since you guys don't worry about any R/Ts ya must all run those times. :)

Simple deduction.