Got some waranty work done

montanass

So I took the truck into the dealership today and had the front diff. replaced for the second time since December and it went all fine and dandy... The truck was in and out in less than 5 hours and they even washed it for me :D...

I have been stressing out all day about a bunch of little things and my girl topped it off so I decided to take the SS for a drive... I drove to Whitefish (about 15 miles) and drove to a real remote, curvy road and went all the way to the end of it, got a good idea of the turns, rough spots and what-not... I let her have it... I made it down the road and I was feeling better about everything, so I pulled into the local athletic club to sit and enjoy the sexyness of the SS under the lights.... I went to pull into the lot there and the SS wouldn't turn right :wtf: I finally got it to turn in so I figured I messed up my power steering or something... I checked the power steering fluid and it was good, so i checked it again and it was still good. I got in the truck and tried to turn it to the right and it still wouldn't turn... I went back and forth a couple of times and the sucker wouldn't turn.... :sigh: I was thinking I would have to call a tow truck, but then i heard a loud clunk and it sounded like something hit the ground... I got out and checked for loose parts and fluids and found nothing... I got back in and the SOB was turning like it should... I did a few figure 8's in the lot to make sure everthing was kosher when I saw something lying on the ground... I drove over and to my suprise there's a f'n pry bar lying there... all chewed up!!!!

So tomorow I'm gonna head back into the dealership and give them back their damn tool and make the suckers check EVERYTHING over real good...

just thought i would share :thumbs:

-Cody

lucky it happened while you were trying to stop and not while you hitting the turns.

my thoughts exactly...Seems there was no guard rail where i was driving, it would have been one hell of a ride :banghead:

I guess someone's looking out for me :rolleyes:

Edited by montanass (see edit history)

I jut got back from the dealer, they "checked" with all of their tech's and no-one admitted that the tool was theirs, even though it had to belong to somebody there because I sure as shit didn't have it in my shop or had anyone else work on it, soooo..... they checked it over "thuroughly" and said that nothing was damaged so I made them show me.... it all checked out good, then the service manager walks up and hands me a "free lube and oil change" and thanked me for returning the tool.... :sigh:

Just thought I would give an update... :D

i dont sleep much since i got....."her"....everytime iclose my eyes....all i hear is "supercharger"...."cam"...."cowl hood" i just cant make sense of it all...the truck man.......shes not to be trusted...

:jester:

That sucks, just a couple of months ago I took my truck in for some a tranny check and it came back like this.

pics010077uz.jpg

I got a free oil change, a free tank of gas and a fresh car wash. And they fixed some damage that I had done too.

Edited by Z4pp (see edit history)

Hey... anybody seen my prybar?  :jester:

I should have known :banghead:

If nobody claimed it its your tool now :dunno:

yeah, I've already got a couple at work, so I figured I didn't need another one that was all chewed up :D

That sucks, just a couple of months ago I took my truck in for some a tranny check and it came back like this.

pics010077uz.jpg

I got a free oil change, a free tank of gas and a fresh car wash. And they fixed some damage that I had done too.

Well at least they made it right.... I would have been flamin :mad: I remember seeing a post on that I think...