Heading to Japan

mwarren

Well guys and gals, I will be heading to Japan in the morning for a long week. My company's main headquarters is over there and my time is up for a visit. I am looking forward to everything except the 13 hour + plane ride over there.

Anyone have any experience with long flights or ever been to Japan? As long as that plane lands in INDY on June 3rd I will be okay. :D

If your not flying first class then I would upgrade to it. I am 6'5" and i tried flying coach 10hours from wash DC to Alaska and I was kicking my self for not upgrading. Its worth every penny.

I traveled quite regularly in the past. Never been to Japan. Mostly to the UK. make sure you have a FF card so you don't miss out on the miles. Good luck and have a saft trip.

BTW, I have used the INDY airport MANY times. I visited a plant (Baxter) in Bloomington on a weekly basis. :cheers:

i went to japan last year....the plane ride f*&^ing sucked! my ass hurt from sitting so long. i went to tokyo it was verry cool, definetly a worthwile place. dont talk to the jap girls to much; they get "attached" :D. one of my friends went there to study abroad and he was nice to one girl, opening the door and talking to her etc. SHE ENDED UP FOLLOWING HIM HOME!!! :crackup::crazy:

when your over there definetly hit up some of the temples and the fish market. (tokyo) oh and get used to the time difference. remember its pretty much opposite from here. so stay up two nights before and start going to sleep in the day and stay up at night the night before. if you got any questions ill be more then glad to tell ya. your gonna have a good time :thumbs:

If your not flying first class then I would upgrade to it.  I am 6'5" and i tried flying coach 10hours from wash DC to Alaska and I was kicking my self for not upgrading.  Its worth every penny.

I would upgrade but this is the first time I have flown for work. I will be walking around a bunch I hope. My back won't be able to take it.

i went to japan last year....the plane ride f*&^ing sucked! my ass hurt from sitting so long. i went to tokyo it was verry cool, definetly a worthwile place. dont talk to the jap girls to much; they get "attached"  :D. one of my friends went there to study abroad and he was nice to one girl, opening the door and talking to her etc. SHE ENDED UP FOLLOWING HIM HOME!!!  :crackup:  :crazy:

when your over there definetly hit up some of the temples and the fish market. (tokyo) oh and get used to the time difference. remember its pretty much opposite from here. so stay up two nights before and start going to sleep in the day and stay up at night the night before. if you got any questions ill be more then glad to tell ya. your gonna have a good time  :thumbs:

I hope to get a little sight seeing in but they literally have my life planned to the T. I have a schedule set for each working day and who I will eating dinner with along with what times I am to catch the "bus". It should be interesting. As far as staying up....too late I leave in the morning.

I just hope that I don't corrupt too many of them....INDY guys will understand. :D

If your not flying first class then I would upgrade to it.  I am 6'5" and i tried flying coach 10hours from wash DC to Alaska and I was kicking my self for not upgrading.  Its worth every penny.

I would upgrade but this is the first time I have flown for work. I will be walking around a bunch I hope. My back won't be able to take it.

i went to japan last year....the plane ride f*&^ing sucked! my ass hurt from sitting so long. i went to tokyo it was verry cool, definetly a worthwile place. dont talk to the jap girls to much; they get "attached"  :D. one of my friends went there to study abroad and he was nice to one girl, opening the door and talking to her etc. SHE ENDED UP FOLLOWING HIM HOME!!!  :crackup:  :crazy:

when your over there definetly hit up some of the temples and the fish market. (tokyo) oh and get used to the time difference. remember its pretty much opposite from here. so stay up two nights before and start going to sleep in the day and stay up at night the night before. if you got any questions ill be more then glad to tell ya. your gonna have a good time  :thumbs:

I hope to get a little sight seeing in but they literally have my life planned to the T. I have a schedule set for each working day and who I will eating dinner with along with what times I am to catch the "bus". It should be interesting. As far as staying up....too late I leave in the morning.

I just hope that I don't corrupt too many of them....INDY guys will understand. :D

Mark,

HA HA Ain't that the truth, :crackup:

Have a good time and a safe trip

Remember they'll "Rikey you very wong time"

The flight to Australia was 14 hours. Took my kid with me, and we did first class on Qantas. We didnt have any problems sleeping or anything else. The cool thing was, as soon as the plane took off, they started to get everyone used to Aussie time, fed us about 2 hrs into the flight, then turned the lights way down. If you have trouble sleeping on planes, get you some of those Bose noise cancelling headphones...totally blocks out the airplane noise, even if you dont have them plugged into anything, just turn them on...very worth the money.

Mark,

HA HA  Ain't that the truth,  :crackup:

:crackup::crackup:

Mark,

Don't forget to see if you can get a free car wash while you are there...like Brian said, "rikey you very wong time"!!! :jester:

Mark,

Mark,

Don't forget to see if you can get a free car wash while you are there...like Brian said, "rikey you very wong time"!!! :jester:

Don't know about the free car washes there...water may be harsh :crackup: Maybe a good wax job though :jester:

Mark,

Mark,

Don't know about the free car washes there...water may be harsh :crackup: Maybe a good wax job though :jester:

Ah yes, wax on, wax off :D

Archived