wich mod would you do first?

whats up guys i just got a 06 ss 2months back and im planing on doing a few mods to it. but what im guessing is wich mod would give me the performance for my first mod. cobra jet ram air kit , magnaflow kit, or should i do a custome pcm tune? just wondering what yall would do.. thanks

:sigh:

ok well....first off before you get flamed. try the search button and introduce yourself, soo welcome to the forum and the family. i recommend a custom pcm tune. use the search, there are many out there. second replace the muffler its a POS. then....supercharger?? :devil:

yeah the search button will yield almost endless reults can go worng with that, i too would recommend the pcm tune , as for the intake you selected i have read no one was really happy with it and they used to have a guarantee or your money back, that is long gone now, the fav;s seem to be close box cai's such as volant and outlaw. and for the stock muffler , its not that bad it is actually one of the best flowing stock mufflers, a new exhaust will not really get you any hp/tq gains at all.

Do the PCM tune first it will give you a very noticable increase in performance, or better yet buy the software and then you can change your tune any time you like. Personally I use EFILive and am now on my 10th tune as I have been tweaking the mid range timing curve for better throttle response and altering the tranny shift points. It is amazing the change in attitude you can get by changing the tranny setting in the PCM

The exhaust is more for looks and sound as you won't notice a power increase much w/o adding headers. The CAI is a nice little addition but the change is no were near as noticable as the PCM tune. Plus you should see and MPG increase with a new tune.

Edited by SS LS1 (see edit history)

sorry for not introducing my self. my name is danny and im from miami florida. this is my first ss and im in love with it!!! =) lol. btw thanks for the info guys im gonna get the pcm tuned then.. i dont know anything about tuning so i am hesitent to mail order it. any of you guys know of a local place here in miami that will do a good job? just wondering ohh yea and ill use the search button from now on lol.. sorry bout that.

drako what part of miami do you live in?

HELL YEAH!!!! Im from "miami" miami, close to the grove and the gables. 27th ave and coral way. and you?

i heard that our muffler was a POS, because it only uses one chamber and the other one for reducing some of the sound. :dunno: either way, PCM is your best bet, a lot of ppl also say that the cold air intake/ air intake does not yield a ton of power, however i noticed a significant increase in "throttle response". and it sure as hell looks cool :cool: from everyones opinion volant or outlaw. ill step you through the pcm thing dont worry bout that :thumbs:

oh and forget about your wallet :cry:

Edited by drako (see edit history)

HELL YEAH!!!! Im from "miami" miami, close to the grove and the gables. 27th ave and coral way. and you?

hehe not to far from ya im by 57th ave and flagler... think i have seen your truck on 57th a few times.. but that was when i had my 325... its was grayish blue on look alike HRE's gunmettal w/ crome lip