Gaylord's tonneau cover installed

I had Friday off from work and used it to pick up my Gaylord's lid from the freight company and get it installed on the truck. This is the X-2000 with the wing option. The install went without a problem although it would have been faster if I'd had someone to help me lift it on and off the truck. As it was, I had to rig up some ropes into the roof trusses of the shop. Here are a few pictures.

newlid.jpg

newlid2.jpg

newlid3.jpg

I did have to remove the stock tailgate cap. The place I ordered it through told me the wing option wraps over the tailgate far enough to cover the holes. I picked up some snap in hole covers and painted them to match and they only show when the cover is open. The inside of the lid is carpeted and comes with a small battery powered light for night time. Overall, I'd have to give Gaylord's :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: for this product.

Roger

• 2 weeks later...
WHAT ARE THOSE TWO ITEMS ATOP OF THE LID ? ARE THOSE KEY LOCKS, ARE THOSE WHERE THE HYDRALIC CYLINDARS MOUNT.

I WAS GOING TO GO GAYLORD BUT NOW THAT I SEE THESE....I MIGHT CHANGE MY MIND. :sick:

Those are the key locks.

Roger

I would love to have a good looking top like that, but I need a roll up! :fume: Your'ss (play on ss) is very sharp, just not practical for me. I need a garage to put my SS in. It's too long for my current garage! I need to win the lottery to afford to build one though. I might be able to swing a carport, but it'll still get dust, dirt, rain, snow (blowing) etc.. all over it, not to mention the damn cats crawling all over it.

Please, let me know if the tonneau helps your gas mileage!

Great looking truck, too bad it's not a fast Black one like mine! :crazy:

Archived