FMU on a radix?

It was suggested to me to think about doing a FMU on my radix setup. The reason being that fuel pressure will be referenced by boost. It kinda makes sense, since once boost is reached the MAP sensor has no idea what pressure is there. I guess this is the reason to convert to a 2 bar map. Thoughts? Opinions? Sorry if this has been covered couldn't find it.

Dave

Is your FPR seeing boost or only vacuum? I believe there is a post a long time ago discussing that the 03 FPR needs to see boost and the magna instructions were incorrect. Mine sees boost and have not had any issues with FP and the dual pump set-up.

This is of course only good with 03 mechanical FPRs.

The stock fuel pressure regulator on an 03' is boost referrenced. If you want your fuel pressure on an 03' under boost you'll find that your pressure should rise with boost on a 1:1 ratio. This is the reason the 42lb hr injectors on an 03' can go much further power wise than an 04' that is designed to run one pressure solid.

I guess I kind of knew about it already being referenced. It didn't hit me when he mentioned it. There's not a lot of Magnachargers around here. I have around 62-65psi of fuel pressure at WOT. Thanks.

Dave

Here is the quote and link to the post I thought was one of the best Radix threads on this site:

BigTex quote:

"Now, I did notice initially that I was running lean in the upper rpms when I installed my Radix. This is with a full modded truck with a 3" pulley. I ran it without an upgraded pump for a while. Then I added the inline walbro, but I was still lean on the top end. Adding fuel with tuning didn't help and my injector duty cycle was over 100%. Thats when I bought and hooked up a fuel pressure gauge. Immediately, I saw 59psi at idle. At WOT, fuel pressure would drop as rpms increased to the low 50s psi. As it turned out, the fitting that Magnusons instructions said to use for the fuel pressure regulator wasn't getting vacuum or boost. I tapped my boost gauge to the same spot and saw 0 boost. I then moved my fuel pressure regulator to a good tapped location on the manifold. Idle fuel psi went down to 49ish and at WOT, its over 60. That cured most of my fueling issues."

Link to the post:

Radix Fuel Pressure Thread

Archived