I was assaulted.....unbelievable!

I don't think I mentioned to you all a few weeks ago when I was at work my neighbor calls and tells me my wife and her dad are at my house. I knew what she was looking for and earlier in the week I did hide them in the house for this reason. So, I hop on my bike and haul a@@ over there and sure enough they were still there garage open them in the house. So I roll up in the garage, get off the bike and continue to walk up to the door. At tha point before I can even get my helmet off I see the door open and her dad takes his had hits my chest and pushes me back and away from the door. He wouldn't let me in my own f**king house. I turnes to my wife who was just standing there not saying a damn thing and asked her is this what she wants......"Do you want a divorce I ask"...NO answer to anything I had said. Her dad telling me to shut up and this and that. So, finally she says I am here to get somethings...ok there inside let me get them. That jacka** follows me inside after I told him to leave!! He is following me throughout the house and keeps running his mouth. I lost it right there and said...you threaten me one more time in my home I am going to lay you out right here!! I kept my hands to myself this whole time yet he and I were verbally attacking each other. They left...and the wife did not have 2 damn words to say to her husband and the man she has known for 13 years. I was attacked like I was a monster.....but all I said to her as she walked to her car was I did nothing but love you. She drove off and yet to this day in the 3rd week of this mess no contact from her.

I don't expect any either in all honesty, through my lawyer I am sure I will get a response because she got served either yesterday or sometime today. It is stated on the paperwork she left with no intentions of ever returning and with no communication at all from her I do not know her intentions. I needed an answer and I think when her dad crossed the line that was it. She should've never gotten him involved, this is between her and myself......and clearly as Dylan pointed out she is emotionally shallow and small... Her daddy wont be able to get her out of this mess anymore....BTW, yes I did call the police and filed a report against him. I won't press charges because I will be the better person in all this. Both are an embarrassment to what you would call a MATURE ADULT. I am pissed but hurt at the same time.......I just want to get on with my life!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really really don't know what I would've done in that situation....

probably would have lost it on her dad and gotten in trouble :shakehead:

good job btw on staying calm

i don't know what to tell ya that everyone on here hasn't already, but it seems like you know your direction and are takin the right steps to gettin on with your life!!

~Brian

Do the following TODAY:

1. Change the locks on all the doors of the house.

2. Change the garage remote setting.

3. Padlock all other open spaces (fence gate, shed door, etc.).

4. Tell your neighbors that your wife has moved out and no longer has a right to be on the property, and ask them to inform you if they see any suspicious activity.

5. Call a lawyer.

Sorry to hear about all this trouble. It will pass more quickly and painlessly if you take some control over the situation.

Michael

Thats true drako, keeping his cool was the best thing he did and also shows he doesn't step as low as they did. Hang in their buddy, only time will heal the pain you are going through. My sister-in-law went through an ugly divorce and now some years later, she is happily married again and working on a baby.

Remember, when things get tough, people show their true colors.

DannyC

"See.. this is why I don't deal with relationships. 3am, no questions asked."

Sorry to hear all that meng. Good luck with getting everything resolved. Let the law handle it from here on out - as it seems you all ready are.

Do the following TODAY:

1.  Change the locks on all the doors of the house.

2.  Change the garage remote setting.

3.  Padlock all other open spaces (fence gate, shed door, etc.).

4.  Tell your neighbors that your wife has moved out and no longer has a right to be on the property, and ask them to inform you if they see any suspicious activity.

5.  Call a lawyer.

Sorry to hear about all this trouble.  It will pass more quickly and painlessly if you take some control over the situation.

Michael

:withstupid:

Also I would serve her with a "Letter of Trespass". Have you lawyer draw one up. It basically states that since you have left the property, if you are found back on the property without written/verbal consent. That the Police will take notice and charges of trespass will be issued against you in court. Send it certified mail, along with a CC: to your local Police Dept.

BTW, I hope it all works out in the end.... Sounds like this is going to be one bitter fight to the end. Just remeber to keep you chin up!!! Play fair, but document everything that goes on, that doesn't seem right. (Rule of thumb for Law Enforcement in court, "If it isn't written down, then it didn't happen.")

Best of luck to you ....

way to stay calm. I don't know if I could have done that. I tend to lose my temper at times. hope you get it worked out. :cheers:

:withstupid:

When people touch me that I don't like I give them a warning. If they continue they get their ass handed to them on a silver platter. Btw, it can be considered legal if you warn someone first.

... Remember, when things get tough, people show their true colors. ...

Ain't that the truth. Blur you did alright - don't weaken buddy! :thumbs: I can understand the FIL protecting your wife's person, but trying to block you from your own home, that's BS - be glad he's not like my ex-FIL and carries a gun! Good to hear you followed-up and filed a police report, don't try to cause any further shit between y'all but just make sure everything is documented. Separations/divorces are not ever meant to be ugly, it is when one or both persons get un-civil that volatile situations happen. Your attorney's got the right approach, demand and make your wife step-up and "come to the table" and finish what she started in an adult and resposible manner.

Mr. P. :)

just be glad that you dont have to put any children threw this crap. As you show her you are still going to do right (not kicking her dads ass) she will show her true lazy self...NOT THE PERSON YOU WANT KIDS WITH! after she is gone you will look back and see how this played out for a reason.

Im really sorry to hear that your troubles are still there. You have gotten some really good advice from your friends here on the board and we will always be here to support you.

In addition to the advice above, I would make sure your lawyer knows of each confrontation that you have with your wife and her father. IF problems persist with him showing up on the property and being aggressive or verbally threatening, you may want to ask your lawyer about a "No Contact Order" and learn the pro's/con's to those.

Basically in our state (and they are different from state to state and Judge to Judge) they name a Protected Party and Defendant. Some orders state no contact by phone, and form of writing, 3rd party contact, cannot be within "distance" of Protected Party's work, residence, etc. Hopefully it will never get to this.

Keep your chin up !! :)