exhaust question..

I've got a pretty much stock SS.. I Love the Truck.. But, I think its time for an exhaust.. I want a nice throaty sound when I get on it.. and pretty quiet in the cab and at highway speeds... I UNDERSTAND that each person is different on which setups they enjoy, but I know alot of you have gone through many different set-ups.. I was thinking about keeping the stock exhaust and throwing a flomaster 40 series in there and taking out the stock muffler.. I'm NEW to all this KEEP that in mind.. but how do you think that will sound? Thanks for all ur help in advance.. :dunno::dupe::confused::withstupid: ;) :ughdance:

Edited by OneSSikRde (see edit history)

My experiences with all types of exhausts have come down to the most quiet in cab, obnoxious when you stomp on it, long lasting, worth every penny exhaust...the Corsa Sport...I've had flowmasters, dynomax, SLP, Borla...granted, on some different cars and different beasts, but none has compared to the craftsmanship and ease of install that the Corsa sport has. You want part number #1479 and you can get it for $660 at www.autopartswarehouse.com

Edited by Black2003SS (see edit history)

My experiences with all types of exhausts have come down to the most quiet in cab, obnoxious when you stomp on it, long lasting, worth every penny exhaust...the Corsa Sport...I'v ehad flowmasters, dynomax, SLP, Borla...grante don some different cars and different beasts, but none has compared to the craftsman ship, ease of install that the Corsa sport has.  you want part number #1479 and you get it for $660 at www.autopartswarehouse.com

:withstupid::withstupid:

I currently have the Corsa Sport on the SS Silverado and a Corsa on the Wife's SS Camaro and I would have to agree with the comments above. Great craftsman ship on both systems, quiet in the cab but has a nice snarl on the outside when you open it up. Even the wife's car with FLP Longtube headers and no cats is surprizingly quiet in the car but it roars like openging the gates of Hell on the outside when she really puts her foot into it.

A Flowmaster 40 ( I have run 8 of them on different vehicles over the years) will soud nice and throaty but it will have some cabin drone out on the highway and especially in around town driving. Even the Magnaflow system on my father's 2005 Silverado SS has LOTS of interior drone all of the time but oddly it is quieter under WOT than the Corsa is on my truck. Some people like the drone while others do not.

Personally I prefrer the Corsa for trips to work during the week but when I want it loud I hop in my Camaro SS with Longtubes, 3" off road y-pipe and a GMMG chambered cat back as it roars like a NASCAR. :eek::crazy: I just don't want to hear that every morning on my way to work in the truck. :shakehead:

Just remember you can always get a quieter exhaust and add an electric cut-out for times when you want to be loud and shut it down when you want to take the Wife to dinner and not shout at each other. (or when the kids are sleeping in the back seat)

FYI, I talked to a Magnaflow rep 2 weeks ago and he said they redesigned their exhaust as they had several comlaints about cabin drone in trucks with the 6.0L engine so maybe the drone is a little more tame now? :confused:

Greg