What sounds better in our trucks?

I'm very interested to see what you come up with.

Mr. P. :)

I've already built my box for my older Solobaric 12" sub (should be able to see my post about adding a sub a few weeks ago). I've got the box a bit to large though and will be filling a bit of it with expand foam to take some space away from the driver. I've got to raise it up just a touch too (the face of the driver that is) because the surround at X-max only has about 1/16" between it and the carpet and I want a bit more room in there. I've got a bunch of trim panels to build as well. They will be a mix of 1/8" birch (flexible to bend around corners to follow the flow of the seat bottom) and some fiberglass resin (and grill cloth) will be used to make it hold it's shape once stretched/bent/trimmed.

It's not going to happen for at least a few weeks though as this weekend is the TB converter install, and the next couple of weekends are booked helping my mother in law try to pack up 40+ years worth of memories into boxes (and a story goes with each piece I'm sure :sigh: )

Edited by SS_bnoon_SS (see edit history)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a pic of my subs. Seat has been raised an inch or so. These are the new Kicker CompVX 10" subs.. same subs as the L7's, but they are round. Hooked up to a JBL 1200.1, giving them both over 1200w RMS. They hit hard enough to make you natious.. I dont know why you would need more! The body panels rattle when turned up half way.. unless you want to go deaf, just go with these babies.

ss_subs.jpg

your amp fits between the box and the back wall?  Is the box pushed towards the front some instead of all the way back?

Yeah, it fits no problem. The box is only like 1/2" away from sitting all the way back, so when the seat is down, the seat still hangs over the box about 3/4". It fits nicely.