Had a good run with a new Monte Carlo SS

Stiff1

Over the weekend I had a fun little run with a new Monte Carlo SS. I had just left work and was sitting at a red light so I decided to hook up my g-tech to get some more 0-60 times. I had a lady in a minivan next to me and a car coming up fast in my rearview mirror. Once the light changed I hit it and had all 4 spinning for a quick second. I ran it up to about 70mph and just coasted back down to the speed limit (45mph), then I look back and this car is coming up in my rearview fast again. I let him pass me only to see the SS badge, so I hit it to give him a little run. He was already ahead by about 4 lengths once I hit it and it stayed right there until about 90 when I started to reel him in. Then up ahead the light turns red and we slow down. He stayed on it a little longer and actually had time to stop. I was still rolling up when it went green, so I didn't hit it until he already had 3-4 lengths again. This time I was ready and I started to catch him much faster. I stayed in it until I put about 2 length on him and then I let off. I don't know how fast we were going because the needle was pinned at 120+. :devil: He went flying by me with a big thumbs up out of his window. Then we ended up catching another light with each other. I was ready to go and had a great R/T, but I guess he thought that it was too much for him so he didn't even try. :(

The good news is I have about 10 runs after the truck has been dialed in by Zippy, with my 0-60mph between 3.81 and 4.10 seconds. Now it's time to crank up the boost and see what she'll really run. :devil:

It's funny how the centrifugals are supposed to have no low rpm torque. His truck with a D1SC after enough tuning work will come off the line spinning on a off idle launch. Very impressive for only running the 4" pulley. :thumbs: