trying to install shift kit

WEll I bought a shift kit from sippy (Towing shift kit) and was going to have a tranny shop install it. But the guy was trying to tell me I have a 4l70E...I proved him wrong and set him straigt. NOw he is telling me the the value body on the 2005 are different. Is this true? He said if they are different he can not install the shift kit. He is just trying to make sure all will fit and work.

Can anyone enlighting me if they have any info on this. Thanks in advance to all

I would call Superior transmission products. That is the basis for the Zippy shift kit, although he adds his own touches. I wouldn't see why it wouldn't work as long as you told him exactly what you had when you ordered it. You can always PM Zippy and ask him.

Dave

I triple checked with zippy if his kit would fit. He confirmed all three times. I am being told now from the tranny guy here and a few other sources that the valve bodies are different in 2005 on the 4l65E. The did he puts together is up to 2004 before they changed the valve body. The tranny guy here tried to install a corvette servo on a new trans and it did not fit, the vavle bodies were completely different.

Any way I can find this out for sure? I guess I would have to got to GM and ask for part #'s on the vavle bodies and see if they are different. Guess that should work and answer these questions. I will also try to drop Zippy a PM and inform hi of this. I just dont want to open up the trans and find this out the hard way.

Bryan

has anyone here installed a zippy shift kit on a 2005 SSS? If so what did you use?who installed it for you or did you do it yourself? thanks

Bryan

Edited by usmcchevyss (see edit history)

I guess the question could be answered if you ask the dealer to match up the part numbers for the seperator plates for 04 and 05. The seperator being the metal plate between the valve body and the trans. Also the Corvette servo goes in the pass. side of the trans not inside technically. I can understand the tranny guy not wanting to mess anything up, but if it's time for a trans service anyway it wouldn't be much more labor to take it apart, and if the gaskets match up you're golden.

Dave