100 Octane Fuel??

prtofcali

I use it when I store my truck for the winter. The only benifit to it, would be not gelling in the injectors. As far as performance goes, you would not really see any gain, unless smell it a performance gain :jester:

Octane boost, the kind that comes in a bottle, bumps the octane in decimal points - if you're lucky.

High octane fuel would be good if you had the ability to change your program and bumped up your timing. Especially if you have some type of FI system. Without the ability to change your program - leave it in the pump.

Octane boost, the kind that comes in a bottle, bumps the octane in decimal points - if you're lucky.

High octane fuel would be good if you had the ability to change your program and bumped up your timing.  Especially if you have some type of FI system.  Without the ability to change your program - leave it in the pump.

Ditto

Well said...or typed lol

If you really need to bump your points up a little, which I agree stock, you really don't need it. You're better off buying 2-4 gallons of 100+ octane fuel per tank of gas instead of boost in a can.

My bad, I always see them in the stores and on tv claiming to boost octane levels 6-8 points, never tried the stuff, but what you are saying makes sense.

Not only is the engine performance unchanged, but prolonged use of 95+ octane will promote catalytic converter burn-out. Use 93-octane where available, or since you are in CA use 6-7 gallons of 100-octane per 25-gal tank to 'fortify' the 91-octane there up to 93-octane.

Mr. P. :)

My bad, I always see them in the stores and on tv claiming to boost octane levels 6-8 points, never tried the stuff, but what you are saying makes sense.

Those cans also mention x amount of points up to 15 gallons.

I wouldn't put a whole lot of faith into what it says.

I wouldn't put a whole lot of faith into what it says.

Oh I don't :cheers:

In the past when I needed the extra points, I simply put a few gallons of 112 octane in the tank. My current ride does just fine on 91-93 octane and I still have plenty of room to grow on the same octane.

You did say that you were stock. One big way you would benefit from the higher octane is if you have a PCM upgrade specifically tuned with that gasoline in mind.

Same thing I said. But, unless you have the ability to change the tune yourself, this way requires you to have a spare PCM to swap in and out. Even then, you would require some time with the tuner personally to max out what you could get from running 100 octane. I think the gains would be fairly low and not worth it overall, IMO - with or without tuning.

High octane fuel would be good if you had the ability to change your program and bumped up your timing.  Especially if you have some type of FI system.  Without the ability to change your program - leave it in the pump.

Yep. Fortunately I can 15 point booster fairly regularly. Unfortunately with the shitty 91 octane in the bay area I HAVE to run it or I'm knocking with as little as 13.5* of timing in boost. :(

Anybody have a link to a formula for boosting octane using xylene or some similar chemical?