Just curious to what kind of wax everybody uses on there trucks. My SS sat in rain a few weeks ago at the beach and now theres little spots all over the hood that just don't seem to come off. I was using Meguires Tech wax, and then tried Mothers cleaner and wax. Any ideas on what to use on black paint to get that junk off?

You might want to try the mothers clay bar kit to remove all of those things that are in your clearcoat. The system is very simple to use and it will not scratch up your truck. I have not used Zaino or DER but I have heard nothing but great things about them, personally I think I will be buying the DER stuff because it is just less time consuming and easier. Good luck!

Teddy

I just waxed my truck today with "Rick's Best" from Prevettes. He runs the detailing shop next door and has his own line of products... I stripped the truck with dish washing soap, then clay bar with "Rick's Best" quick detailer as lube, then his surface prep cleaner (helps the wax get a better grip on the paint surface), then one coat of his wax/sealant. :cool: I'm very happy with the results compared to McQuire's, Eagle 1 nano, and compared to the price of Zaino and DER, this stuff is a steal!

I just went to shoot this quick vid of the shine...

http://www.bnmotorsports.com/ss_shine.wmv

This is killing me! I just ordered my DER kit on friday... I've never WANTED to wash and wax my truck so bad!!! I'll put up some pics when it comes in and I get a chance to work on it. (even though there's enough pics to show how awesome the stuff works)