Long Tube Headers??

Blue_SS

I've got the pacesetters and satisfied with them, they are a pretty good buy for the money. If you have the money for the dynatech they are a bolt in set up, the pacesetters need some welding to connect to the stock exhaust

Minus shorty headers, all will need some level of welding, except Dynatech.

The level of inspection you have is the most important. There are no CARB legal long tube headers out there. Although there has been talk that some have gotten through, I haven't seen the proof on any of their websites. So if they are very tight on visual inspection I would guess they would spot the L/Ts. On the other hand if headers are no big deal as long as you have cats, you're good to buy any L/T made for our truck. Some require more fab work than others.

I went with the pace setters and magnaflow cats. Teh headers were like $420 shipped? The cats were $120 for both from Summit Racing (13" long with 3" inlet/outlet). I had a shop custom install the headers, weld some piping in, and strategically place the cats and relocate the O2 sensors for about $300. They sound awesome and I have no leaks, issues. So figure you go with the dynatechs at $1300-1400 shipped depending on where you get them, then have them coated (pace setters are coated already) for another $200+, you're out $1500+. Pay some one to put them on and you are at another $200 on average. My setup was about $840 altogether.

I went with the pace setters and magnaflow cats.  Teh headers were like $420 shipped?  The cats were $120 for both from Summit Racing (13" long with 3" inlet/outlet).  I had a shop custom install the headers, weld some piping in, and strategically place the cats and relocate the O2 sensors for about $300.  They sound awesome and I have no leaks, issues.  So figure you go with the dynatechs at $1300-1400 shipped depending on where you get them, then have them coated (pace setters are coated already) for another $200+, you're out $1500+.  Pay some one to put them on and you are at another $200 on average.  My setup was about $840 altogether.

Coating is mearly to fight rust. The underhood temperatures on bolt on cars arent nearly effected that much by the coating. Stainless steel headers work just as fine and will never rust. Ceramic coated headers will rust over time even if they never see salt or rain.

Coating is mearly to fight rust.  The underhood temperatures on bolt on cars arent nearly effected that much by the coating.  Stainless steel headers work just as fine and will never rust.  Ceramic coated headers will rust over time even if they never see salt or rain.

Coating will keep down underhood temps as well. The difference is 30 minutes after I turn off my truck after running it I can grab a hold of my header tubes with my bare hand - sometimes less. With non-coated headers you may as well go take a nap. The stainless headers I had on my last truck would take about 2hrs before you wouldn't burn yourself, although they were still pretty damn hot. That's huge to me when my hands are under my hood quite a bit.

Coating is mearly to fight rust.  The underhood temperatures on bolt on cars arent nearly effected that much by the coating.  Stainless steel headers work just as fine and will never rust.  Ceramic coated headers will rust over time even if they never see salt or rain.

Coating will keep down underhood temps as well. The difference is 30 minutes after I turn off my truck after running it I can grab a hold of my header tubes with my bare hand - sometimes less. With non-coated headers you may as well go take a nap. The stainless headers I had on my last truck would take about 2hrs before you wouldn't burn yourself, although they were still pretty damn hot. That's huge to me when my hands are under my hood quite a bit.

It also makes a huge difference to the spark plug wires.