VHO vs Titan

06VHO

Ok, so I am at my friends shop and I am talking about my trip to and from Las Vegas (230 miles each direction). I pulled my 7500# trailer on this trip for a race. This guy says, that must have cost you a fortune in gas. I said, about $75.00 each way and he said, no way, you would have to make the haul on less than one tank of gas. I said, it takes less than one tank of gas. Then he said, at least Chevy's do one thing better than Nissan's and I am like, what do you mean. He said, Chevy's are slow. I said, there is no way a Nissan would beat my truck. He starts telling me to go online and research Motor Trend, Car and Driver, etc. I said, I don't care what those magazines/websites say, bring your piece of $hit Titan out and bring some money. I told him to meet me on a local street, where there is a 1/4-mile marked off. We met up and we each put up $100.00. My buddy is at the finish line in his truck (aiming towards us), when he turns on his head light we are supposed to take off. On go the head lights and I hand this guy his a$$. I beat him by 10-12 truck lengths. Normally, I only like to win by about 1/2 a truck length, but I figured this guy needed to learn about Silverado's.

Yes, he paid up.

Nice!  :thumbs:  My buddy has a titan thats alittle modded up and he thinks he can smoke me. What were the mods both of you guys had?

I believe he was all stock, I did not ask.

Mine has a Gibson Cat-Back and a Outlaw CAI.

I have not ran at the track with these two mods.

Nice!  :thumbs:  My buddy has a titan thats alittle modded up and he thinks he can smoke me. What were the mods both of you guys had?

I believe he was all stock, I did not ask.

Mine has a Gibson Cat-Back and a Outlaw CAI.

I have not ran at the track with these two mods.

Right on, well good kill :chevy:

That kicks some serious ass... you smoked him, and took his cash. The right way to do it.. good job :cool:

I have never went up against a Titan.. when the truck is running I have tried to get a few to run, but I havent had any luck. My buddies friend just traded his F150 for a Titan and was bragging a couple of weeks ago about how fast it is... I told him I would love to run it in my SS... he said lets go... and I said its broken and in the shop...and he said it figures, its a chevy. Yeah, I kinda felt like an ass. :sigh:

I will get a chance to run a Titan soon.. I just hope my truck doesnt break down while im at it .. jk :cheers:

That kicks some serious ass... you smoked him, and took his cash.  The right way to do it..  good job   :cool:

I have never went up against a Titan..  when the truck is running I have tried to get a few to run, but I havent had any luck.  My buddies friend just traded his F150 for a Titan and was bragging a couple of weeks ago about how fast it is...  I told him I would love to run it in my SS...  he said lets go... and I said its broken and in the shop...and he said it figures, its a chevy.  Yeah, I kinda felt like an ass.   :sigh:

I will get a chance to run a Titan soon..  I just hope my truck doesnt break down while im at it  .. jk   :cheers:

The Titan reponds very well to the Banks Monster exhaust

and a CAI. Much better than my Hemi Ram did. The Titans

big problem is traction. Once they get some kind of a locking

rearend the lighter 4X2 KC's will be a pretty good race for

both the SS and RCSB Hemi Ram.

Edited by Hemi4Me (see edit history)

:thumbs:

What exactly did he say after you beat him?  I would guess he said that you weren't truthful in everything that you had done to your truck?

His first reply was, "you did not tell me you had Nitrous".

I told him to follow me to the gas station and to inspect my truck.

I just got HP Tuners at $100.00 off (his $100.00, LOL).