The Challenger is Back!

NorCalSS

hey guys,

i know this is a :chevy: forum but just to let you know the Dodge Challenger will be back in 2008!

link- Chrysler to produce Dodge Challenger muscle car

"Chrysler did not say how many of the cars it expected to build per year or the targeted retail price. Dodge sold about 188,600 Challengers in its original run and the new car will be produced for the 2008 model year in 2008, Chrysler said."

"...The car had a 425-horsepower Hemi engine, six-speed manual transmission and a listed top speed of 174 miles per hour."

They also mention the Camaro concept may come to life too- "General Motors Corp. (NYSE:GM - news) also is thought to be likely to bring back its Chevrolet Camaro after a prototype inspired by the 1969 version of the legendary muscle car received a very warm reception at the auto show in Detroit as well."

Definetely a nice lookin' car! :thumbs:

-ejay

untitled-1.jpgchallengerannouncement.jpg

CN006_003DG.jpgCN006_012DG.jpg

CN006_010DG.jpgCN006_006DG.jpg

CN006_011DG.jpgCN006_009DG.jpg

That's going to be a huge seller. It might just sell enough to keep Chrysler's head above water. Unfortunatly the first few months they will be selling for way over sticker price.

I can't wait to see "Muscle" cars like this back on the street. With Chevy rolling the Camaro right after, I would love to see Pontiac work on a "Firebird" !!

The info is also available on the Dodge website saying "It's On!!"

http://www.dodge.com/en/challenger/index.html

Edited by dannyc_2006_SS (see edit history)

That's going to be a huge seller. It might just sell enough to keep Chrysler's head above water.

Huh?

:lol:

GM and Ford have big financial troubles, but that's the first I've heard of Chrysler being mentioned as needing to "keep their head above water"...?

I think the concept looks good, but the price needs to be decent in order to sell it. Another $50,000+ car won't be a huge sales success, they need to be competitively priced- in line with the Mustang...

I think the Camaro concept is a "go" from what I have heard..?

You are indeed correct, sir. And the convertible has also been approved, so I hear. Im hearing that 3.9, possibly 5.3 d.o.d., 6.2, and 7.0 will be engine options, which is as it should be.

Its going to have to be a badass out of the box to compete with the SRT Challenger and the new GT500, both of which I admit to liking a lot.

Im not sure about the Firebird. I heard the next GTO will be on the Camaro platform, so the empty space is kinda already filled.

hmmm sorry to say this we have to thank ford for the rebirth of the retro look...im lovin it all though

Just like it happened in the 60's with Ford beating GM and Ma Par to the pony car market. Hopefully the gas prices don't get to far out of control, or it's going to kill these awsome high HP concepts we keep seeing...

hmmm sorry to say this we have to thank ford for the rebirth of the retro look...im lovin it all though

Just like it happened in the 60's with Ford beating GM and Ma Par to the pony car market. Hopefully the gas prices don't get to far out of control, or it's going to kill these awsome high HP concepts we keep seeing...

I think the Barracuda came out BEFORE the Mustang... it just wasn't as good in 1964!

:lol: