Regular Cab SS exists

Wizard

:cheers:

For all of you guys waiting for the regular cab SS to arrive it is going to happen I work for a Mercedes dealership in Washington State, one of the techs saw one yesterday at a Chevy dealership. It had Michigan plates on it which usually means it is a field car. My tech friend asked him about it and the field rep said "it is a burnout machine". It had a Vortec 6000 which was pumped up to 390 hp, and had a manual 6 speed. The field rep said that it he could get the truck to hook up it would be great to meet up with a Lightning.

I work for Dent Wizard and have been called to do work for Page One which is a company that gets pre release vehicles before the public. They inturn allow the magazines to use these vehicles to do stories and tests on. Usually they have Michigan plates on almost all of them. I can only assume that this is the same deal. I wish I myself could have seen it but trust the judgement of the tech who did see it, being that he is the guy who is going to install my Whipple.

I realize that I just started a topic that you all have questions about, but I dont know anymore than it was a regular cab with the specs that I gave above and it was black (great color) with identical wheels as the 03 (painted). I assume that this would be pre-production available with chrome like the new 04's.

Wizard

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:D Man it is amazing how this story has taken so many twists. (SS reg cab) From being published in a dozen magazines to being "officially killed" by GM. I will be the first to place an order if it does make it to production. Will patience reward me? I think yes! Come on Chevy, help a "poor" soul out. :chevy:

This is very odd this topic is being discussed right now.

A guy at work said he was at Bonderan (sp) in Colorado this weekend and saw

a reg cab SS running mid 14's. He asked me if my truck came in a regular cab and I said no, but after seeing this topic, who knows? :confused:

I don't think the same truck could be all over the country, and if it is a prototype or a test vehicle why would it be at a drag strip?

I think it may be a clone, but he said he thinks he might have some pics.

He said it didn't have SS emblems on the sides, only on the tailgate.

If the pics are worth it, I'll be sure to post them. (even if it's not a true SS)

~ Brian

03 Silverado SS - Black

97 BMW Dinan 328iC

So can a SS. Take out the human equation, like +.5 sec R/Ts, and the SS is easily in the 14 sec category.

Actually, the ET you get from at the drap stip does not include your RT. It starts the clock when you break the light beam ahead of the staging lights. RT is the difference between the time the green light comes on, and that light beam being broken by your car starting to move.

Thats the concept truck that has been running all over the country for the last year and then some.

Cmon folks, just because you see the concept around doesnt mean it'll make production. GM says it won't, and I think there about the best source out there.

Even if it WERE to happen (and I doubt it) since when has the concept truck had the EXACT same power and features as the production model. It would still be a runnin mother, but its not gonna happen.

Archived