2-2 drop

Holty

Ok guys, need some assistance here. First, i want to mention that i've read just about ALL the threads on lowering, and also MisterP's excellent writeup on lowering, but still need some help.

I want a 2inch front and rear drop, but i want to do it CORRECTLY! I don't want to use my torsion bars to lower it, and i don't want to use the McGaughy's kit. What are my options, price does not matter.

I'm guessing that most will say to use the Belltech kit. However, when checking Stylinconcepts site, they only list a kit using torsion keys, which i would like to stay away from, UNLESS, for some reason you guys are HIGHLY recommending them? I lowered my old truck using the torsion bars and it never was the same after. It had perfect alignment before but never could get it to line up afterwards.

But anyway, i need some help, thanks guys.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A 2/2 drop is bitchin, that is how the truck should have been delivered in the first place IMO. For the type of stance that you are looking for use the Belltech stuff; they make a great 2" drop spindle as well as 2" shackles or 3" lowering leafs. I don't think that there exists a complete kit based on the front spindles, but a little chasing should get you the part numbers you need. Lately evidence suggests that as long as you do not modify the front leaf spring hanger everything will work out well. If you have the 2pc driveline you will also need a carrier bearing drop spacer too.

Mr. P. :)

A 2/2 drop is bitchin, that is how the truck should have been delivered in the first place IMO.  For the type of stance that you are looking for use the Belltech stuff; they make a great 2" drop spindle as well as 2" shackles or 3" lowering leafs.  I don't think that there exists a complete kit based on the front spindles, but a little chasing should get you the part numbers you need.  Lately evidence suggests that as long as you do not modify the front leaf spring hanger everything will work out well.  If you have the 2pc driveline you will also need a carrier bearing drop spacer too.

P-diddy :D

THANK YOU!

that is the info i needed. only one problem,....i don' t know if i have a 2pc driveline or not? nor do i know how to obtain a carrier bearing drop spacer? when you say "2pc" are you referring to being AWD?

Your aluminum driveline in the AWD trucks is one piece; the 2WD guys will *probably* have the steel 2-piece driveline and as such might need a carrier bearing shim.

Shocks - nope, stockers work just fine with 2/2 drop. However, if you've got as many miles on your '03 as I do mine they are due for replacement :sigh:

Your aluminum driveline in the AWD trucks is one piece; the 2WD guys will *probably* have the steel 2-piece driveline and as such might need a carrier bearing shim.

Shocks - nope, stockers work just fine with 2/2 drop.  However, if you've got as many miles on your '03 as I do mine they are due for replacement  :sigh:

just curious, how many miles on your SS? im getting ready to turn 27K miles.

also, can you confirm these are the correct part #'s?

belltech 6400 2” rear shackle

belltech 2508 2" drop spindle

thats it right? nothing else i need?

just curious, how many miles on your SS?  im getting ready to turn 27K miles...
Just turned 37K, Texas is a BIG place :D It'll probably be 40K before Labor Day, lots of stuff going on! I never really liked the factory shocks, after I get my drop kit shakes/alignment worked out the next purchase will probably be a sway bar kit and set of serious shock absorbers. Warp Speed on that 2/2 drop, that's going to be killer. :thumbs:

Mr. P.

BellTech 2/2!!!!

Trying to get that next INCH just seems like a pain-in-the-ass!

I did 2" drop steering knuckles(belltech) 2" drop shackles(belltech)

easy install, no pinion angle problems, great new look! A 2/2 is an easy install with no drivabliity problems. That next inch drastically looks GREAT, but dang-oh-dango it comes with added burden IMO.

Quick+Easy+No Problems = Belltech 2/2

I jsut went to Napa and got some Monroe REFLEX shocks. cheap and they have a bit of "sport" feel to them. you can spend more money on better ones if that floats your boat. YES, stock shocks will suffice OK.

(my truck has 130k on it)

Edited by Meegs (see edit history)

You mean a "Leaf Under"

it would lower it but I would think it would be more than 2". you would have to add the height of all leafs, plus the axel. I have done it on S-10's Over/Under but the perches required welding and a big PITA!

shackles for the win....

You mean a "Leaf Under"

it would lower it but I would think it would be more than 2".  you would have to add the height of all leafs, plus the axel.  I have done it on S-10's Over/Under but the perches required welding and a big PITA!

shackles for the win....

Sorry yes leaf under, Belltech sells the kit, and it bolts in. Just FYI. I used in on a denali with the rear hanger kit for a 3/3.