2-2 drop

Holty

4975 is the part number for a 2* shim

4976 is the part number for a 3* shim

thanks kaotik1 and everyone else who helped me out here. now i have all the info. i need to make a purchase. thanks guys!

now all i need is a "how-to" on a 2-2 drop lol. :D

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

thanks kaotik1 and everyone else who helped me out here. now i have all the info. i need to make a purchase. thanks guys!

Use Mr. P's how to for the front, then the rear is cake. Take off the trailer hitch FIRST!!! :thumbs:

Use Mr. P's how to for the front, then the rear is cake. Take off the trailer hitch FIRST!!! :thumbs:

why would i need to remove the trailer hitch :dunno:

As promised here are pictures of the Belltech leaf-UNDER, drop. This is what had to be done to lower the 2006 denali. You will notice in the first picture NO NOTCHING..

how can that plus shakles only equal 3"? when the shackles alone equal 2"!

Don't know, that was the kit that belltech sent. That is also what they suggested for the denali.

As promised here are pictures of the Belltech leaf-UNDER, drop. This is what had to be done to lower the 2006 denali. You will notice in the first picture NO NOTCHING..

how can that plus shakles only equal 3"? when the shackles alone equal 2"!

Don't know, that was the kit that belltech sent. That is also what they suggested for the denali.

I thought the rear shackles were supposed to be like 2 3/4" by them selves? The shackles have 2 holes one is at 1" and the other is at 2" so with the shackle you would either get 3 3/4" or 4 3/4" which 4 3/4" would be way too low without notching the frame and if your AWD it would be a very bad Idea to try and go that low in the front. I could see getting away with 3 3/4 in the rear and 3 up front max.

sorry, but i have a couple more questions guys.....

i've been reading a few people having problems after dropping the truck with the rear end being lower than the front. is this a problem i need to be concerned with when doing the belltech drop?

also, do you guys have pics of a SSS with a 2-2 belltech drop? thanks!

i've been reading a few people having problems after dropping the truck with the rear end being lower than the front.  is this a problem i need to be concerned with when doing the belltech drop?

also, do you guys have pics of a SSS with a 2-2 belltech drop?  thanks!

nah holty, your getting a 2-2 the backend will not be lower so dont worry bout it....i have a few BAD pics of my drop but give me a sec and ill get it for you

i've been reading a few people having problems after dropping the truck with the rear end being lower than the front.  is this a problem i need to be concerned with when doing the belltech drop?

also, do you guys have pics of a SSS with a 2-2 belltech drop?  thanks!

nah holty, your getting a 2-2 the backend will not be lower so dont worry bout it....i have a few BAD pics of my drop but give me a sec and ill get it for you

werd. :cheers:

thanks drako, but more pics from the front and side would be great! i really appreciate it.

you used the belltech stuff right? spindles and hangers? did you get EXACTLY 2inches in the front and rear drop? a little more or less?