2-2 drop

Holty

i just did a 2-2 drop on my 03 ss belltech frt.spindel's & shackle's i like the look and it handle's a lot better,but between 70 and 80 i'me getting a little of a vibration when i get on,i think i'me going to put a 2 deg.shim in it,the drive shaft just looks to straight to me. how is yours on the highway?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

keep the replies coming guys. a vibration at highway speed would be a huge PITA for me, since my 30mile commute is 90% highway at 80mph. where are you guys getting the best deals on the belltech stuff also and are the part numbers i listed above the same ones your guys are using?

Your part numbers are right yes. When you get the steering knuckles either paint, or get them powder coated. They will rust up like the stockers if you don't. The Denali that I dropped was a 3/3 rear shackles with the leaf under kit, it required a 4* shim to correct for vibration. Also used while there were the Belltech nitro shocks they firmed up the ride, with a 2" you will not need shocks, unless they are blown out or wearing out.

. The Denali that I dropped was a 3/3 rear shackles with the leaf under kit, it required a 4* shim to correct for vibration.

have you been drinking?

shackles and a leaf under flip = 3" t3h dang leaf flip should be good for almost 1/2 FOOT of drop NOT including the shackles!!!

Drinking??? lol not at all, here are the before and after pictures. I will try and get a picture of the kit in place this weekend.

Well if my calibrated eyes are working for me today, your truck looks exactally like mine in the back and i only have shackles. NO rear axel flip kit, NONE. the only way i can see someone using a rear axel flip kit and shackles is if you flip your leafs under the axel and then use shackle LIFTS. but then you would be lowering it then lifting it. way to much work than what needs to be.

With a axel over leafs PLUS shackles you would need to C-Notch your frame. Did you do the work or did you pay someone to do it and this is what they told you??

where are you guys getting the best deals on the belltech stuff also and are the part numbers i listed above the same ones your guys are using?

Try www.summitracing.com. I looked them up before and that was the best deal I could find. I think the shackles are like $47 and the spindles are $222. Right around there. Homie ordered my shackles for me last night!! Wooo hoo!!! :thumbs:

-Jonathan

Drinking??? lol not at all, here are the before and after pictures. I will try and get a picture of the kit in place this weekend.

Well if my calibrated eyes are working for me today, your truck looks exactally like mine in the back and i only have shackles. NO rear axel flip kit, NONE. the only way i can see someone using a rear axel flip kit and shackles is if you flip your leafs under the axel and then use shackle LIFTS. but then you would be lowering it then lifting it. way to much work than what needs to be.

With a axel over leafs PLUS shackles you would need to C-Notch your frame. Did you do the work or did you pay someone to do it and this is what they told you??

The guy who owns the denali has the shop, and I did the work, yes. I did not need to pay someone to do it, and the kit from belltech came with the flip kit, and rear hangers. The Front perch on the 2006 Denali is welded on so, this is the only way to do it. As I said when I get there this weekend I will get pictures and show what it looks like from the bottom side.

couple more questions for you guys before i order. will the spindles work with my Baer brakes? anything there i need to be concerned with? also, what are the part numbers for the shims? i was thinking it would be a good idea to just order some and have them in case they're neeeded.