exhaust recommendation?

AK04SS

If your after significant power gains go with the long tube headers, remove cats and run true duals with an X or H pipe........somebody mentioned "glass packs" and it brought a smile to my face! About 24 years ago (1982) I bought one of the very first S-10 Sport Trucks made and as soon as I pulled in the driveway I cut the CAT off and added true duals with "glass packs" and boy was that little 2.8 V6 LOUD.....chicks digged it.........LOL......in fact it got sooooo many looks I only had it 6 months before some @SSHole stole it!

Don't forget a "tune" or PCM4Less upgrade to go with your exhaust mods...from what I hear this will give you the biggest bang for your buck!

• 3 weeks later...

I would just add a flowpro muffler(dual in/out). Works great for me and the exhaust did get louder. Most of what I have read on this site say you won't gain much from adding a new setup because the stock exhuast is pretty good. I just installed my dynatech headers so I'll let you know what I think when I get a chance to drive the SS again. It should make my flowpro sound even better. Can't wait to fire her up today :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

so i ended up gettin the Corsa Sport and love it! especially when driving next to buildings or in a parking garage!!

i'm thinking of getting headers next. would the exhaust still be somewhat quiet in the cabin, even with headers? and i'm sure it would be way louder when i first start the truck up in the morning.

so i ended up gettin the Corsa Sport and love it! especially when driving next to buildings or in a parking garage!!

i'm thinking of getting headers next. would the exhaust still be somewhat quiet in the cabin, even with headers?  and i'm sure it would be way louder when i first start the truck up in the morning.

yeah that morning rumble is awesome.....makes me feel like the SSS is a actual animal and shes pisst i woke her up from sleep. :D

a few weeks ago i hadnt been in a parking garage or under a bridge for a while and i was in a enclosed one....i was totally suprised...it was so damn cool

it will still be pretty quiet from what ive read. ive heard it makes it louder but it changes the "tone" of it a bit more but in a good way.

Archived