Flowmaster Dual 40's Exhaust Help

HedSwim

Alright. I guess I'll prepare for the inevitable flames which will head my way...

I like the sound of Flowmaster 40's. I currently have dual 40's on my truck, side exit before the rear wheel. Loud. VERY loud. Doesn't mean I don't love it. :D Problem is of course, it is resonant. My wife can't stand the level of sound coming from the truck or the in cab resonance.

Question I've got here: Is there anything I can do to lower the noise level and resonance a little? Would an X-Pipe help? Some other kind of resonators? Should I just look at Super 40's?

Or am I really stuck with loud if I want duals and the flow 40 sound? :dunno:

I do plan to add pacesetters and highflow cats sometime in the next year... is there some other dual setup which will give me a sick grumbly sportscar like sound?

I want to hear the engine audibly at all times, not just WOT. I just don't want it screaming at all times...

Edited by HedSwim (see edit history)

i'm going to pick up my truck from the shop today just installed duel flowmaster super 40's and they exit out the side in front of the pass side tire so i'll post when i get it and let you know how it sounds inside and out.... :D

well i just got itand inside it sounds noticeable from idle to muscular and throthy at wot :D

as far as outside goe's.... saying it's louder then the single deltaflow 40 i had on my last truck would be a huge understatement (tee hee) it now sounds like a nascar, to me anyway.. MuHuHahaha :devil: and i have not noticed any drone, buzz, or ressonance of any kind yet! :D i have'nt took it on a freeway yet but when i do i'll let everyone know...

also how do i post an audio clip? or video with sound?... someone tell me how and i'll do it...

good luck with yours i think you will love it :cheers:

i'm going to pick up my truck from the shop today just installed duel flowmaster super 40's and they exit out the side in front of the pass side tire so i'll post when i get it and let you know how it sounds inside and out.... :D

did you install two mufflers or just one dual muffler?

i have long tubes, high flow cats, and dual flomaster 40 series mufflers exiting in front of rear tire passenger side. my truck is LOUD. but i get no drone or resonance. the trick is to have the mufflers "offset" from each other. let me find a pic of what i mean and i'll post it. this is how the flowmaster rep i spoke to up at summit racing said to do it. it really works too.

you guys running with cats or without?  also any long tubes?  I am running bassanis and they sound good but I am a exhaust freak and can't stay with one to long.

i left my stock cats in place.. and will be getting the pace setters soon :D

did you install two mufflers or just one dual muffler?

no i installed two super 40's verticaly side by side..

i run 40's flowmasters, its not that bad in the cab, for all you header guys, is it louder with headers than without, and by the way while we are on the topic, is it better to run the exhaust out the side or straight out the back i run straight out the back?