• FDlightningSVT
    • RATFINK
    • I don't know..
    • RATFINK??
    • FDlightningSVT??

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm no brand nazi myself, I like em all.

Well except for Dodge. :D

I wanted a truck specifically for the purpose of brutal straight line speed. Given that choice the 1990 454SS is the best choice out there, no other truck made in the last century is so easy to make fast for so little money.

There are parts to support pretty much any power level you want with the 454, and all can be had with a mere phone call.

Can't beat it for simplicity. :D

If they do release the new "SS" standard cab I most likely will get one for a driver though. That will allow me to get a little crazy with the 90 and not worry about it's drivavbility. :ph34r:

RF

Hey C5, I got a question for you. Can I assume you might be a Corvette expert of some sort? I am trying to make an educated buy in the future. I want to own a Vette. I will be a first time buyer of one and hopefully a long term buyer after that. My sets are set too high right now as far as my budget is concerned. I am in love with that Millenium Yellow z06! God it is a beauty. I have a 70 camaro rs/z28 with 450 at the wheels so I know about power somewhat. I know the feel is totally different in todays vehicles. I drive my buddys 01 Lightning all the time which is running 400hp at the wheels. What do you reccomend for a first time Vette buyer who is looking to definately mod it up?

FDlightningSVT is my cousin, I live in Vegas and drive a 2002 Z06 vette.

I've only been out here for a couple of months, when I lived back home me and my cousin would always race, I've never won, he always walks me REAL hard.

He's got about 15 grand into that truck after the $32K he paid for it. I also have a 74 NOVA with a built 406 and 4.10 gears. Runs 11.9s he beats that too. I wouldn't put my money on RATFINK, even if RF did win. My cousin would just have another engine built, and go out and beat him. It all about money, and he's has enough of it, his other car is a 2003 BMW 745is.

Archived