14.85 bonestock write down to the filter

sslover

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have a GMS MAF. I bought in '00 for my last truck (5.3L). Instead of it sitting in my garage, I put it in. How do you feel it will be with a Magnacharger?

I wouldn't use it. Sometimes it causes problems. Some of these for the vette guys w/ Automatic cars are as follows.

A non-correctly calibrated MAF (not done with LS1 Edit) sensor can cause a different reading in the PCM by causing positive L trims. This can make the PCM think that it's not in a high load situation sometimes when the truck really is. The PCM doesn't up the line pressure in the tranny correctly. The tranny doesn't clamp with full line pressure and slipping accurs, thus frying the tranny sooner. With a Magnacharger and a 5000lb truck, this could spell f-r-i-e-d tranny very quickly.

Please, check into this more before you do it. Like I said before, most respected LS tuners use the stock MAF for a reason!

Also, the GMS for your truck is the same size as what the stock one is. Only difference is the calibration. If you have to re-adjust it w/ LS1 Edit, what's the use? Just money down the drain, IMHO.

Yes the massairscreen was out. but when i asked everyone about taking it out everyone said not going to do anything. now becuse someone runs a good time it makes a difference. only weightreduction was the trailerhitch. witch cant way much more then 2o pounds if that. the key to the good run was the 2000 launch. fist run out at regular idle was 15.003 with a 2.228 60ft. and had a half a tank of gas. so that should makeup the trailerhitch.

sslover NED is a great track :thumbs: with good traction on frid. and wen nights cold air and hot concrete make for a lot of good times :pop: and great et's. Last Year in OCT. ran low 14's with my sub. Also ran 9.3 @ 139 with sled :jester: . I really like this track, I see alot of people setting records there.

I cannot wait to go back and blister some times this month. :cheers:

I have a GMS MAF.  I bought in '00 for my last truck (5.3L).  Instead of it sitting in my garage, I put it in.  How do you feel it will be with a Magnacharger?

I wouldn't use it. Sometimes it causes problems. Some of these for the vette guys w/ Automatic cars are as follows.

A non-correctly calibrated MAF (not done with LS1 Edit) sensor can cause a different reading in the PCM by causing positive L trims. This can make the PCM think that it's not in a high load situation sometimes when the truck really is. The PCM doesn't up the line pressure in the tranny correctly. The tranny doesn't clamp with full line pressure and slipping accurs, thus frying the tranny sooner. With a Magnacharger and a 5000lb truck, this could spell f-r-i-e-d tranny very quickly.

Please, check into this more before you do it. Like I said before, most respected LS tuners use the stock MAF for a reason!

Also, the GMS for your truck is the same size as what the stock one is. Only difference is the calibration. If you have to re-adjust it w/ LS1 Edit, what's the use? Just money down the drain, IMHO.

I didn't put it in. Thanks for the advice. :thumbs:

Krambo have you figured out the cost diff between what you have done and installing the magnacharger. :thumbs:

Not yet. It would be pretty close in price I would assume. I plan on doing some more wild things in the spring. I have already bought a commuter car. :D

Krambo,

What is GMA? What other mods have you done to achieve these good times?

Sorry.....GMAS - Grannatelli Mass Air Sensor. Other mods:

ASM Headders

High flow cats

Dual 2.5" to a custom X pipe

2 Flowmaster 40 series Delta flows (in SS)

Yank 3000 Stall Converter

K&N FIPIK

GMAFS

Reprogrammed PCM (Westers)

Pulleys

Synthetic oils throughout.

I have a cam from SLP to do yet. I am hoping to see 13's prior to adding the supercharger and ported LS-6 heads. I feel that the truck will sit comfortably in the 12's by June. :cool: Need to consider a new tranny option.

Krambo,

What is GMA? What other mods have you done to achieve these good times?

Sorry.....GMAS - Grannatelli Mass Air Sensor. Other mods:

ASM Headders

High flow cats

Dual 2.5" to a custom X pipe

2 Flowmaster 40 series Delta flows (in SS)

Yank 3000 Stall Converter

K&N FIPIK

GMAFS

Reprogrammed PCM (Westers)

Pulleys

Synthetic oils throughout.

I have a cam from SLP to do yet. I am hoping to see 13's prior to adding the supercharger and ported LS-6 heads. I feel that the truck will sit comfortably in the 12's by June. :cool: Need to consider a new tranny option.

Getting the heads from SLP also?

I may do a head/cam thing in about a year. Still debating. Will definitely do a bigger cam, one specifically for FI, after I figure the LS1edit thing. All a long ways down the road, though.

Archived