14.85 bonestock write down to the filter

sslover

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keep the stock MAF. Granatellis (sp) are nothing but trouble Ive seen tons of horror stories in other forums (ls1 tech for one example). I know some dont have trouble with them but the odds are you will. The seem to lean the engine out (detonation on a 10: 1 compression engine) when they work on the second or third one you put in after the first poops out.

If you just do an MAF it's fine but no one ever seems to just do an MAF thats why I dont think he should waste his money. Just my two cents go for it if you want, but you'll see soon enough. I've been working on LS1 engines for 3 years believe me no one ever just does an MAF once they start looking for performance and the all go back to stock. Take a look at the Camaro, Firebird and corvette guys just go to ls1 tech and se what they think of a MAF change.

Best cheap bang for the buck is pulleys you'll feel a differenc right away. Not to expensive and everyone is happy when we install them, they do reduce the charge a little but without a killer stereo you wont notice a voltage problem or heating. Easy do it yourself project if your patient and have a decent set of tools (make sure you replace the bolt some dont its recommended though) TByrne sells a nice kit belt bolt and all.

I am running a GMA in my SS with a host of other bolt-on mods. No issues to complain about. I did another set of runs in 25 degree cooler temps and gained .2 over what I did in the summer. With a good amount of weight reductions, I was able to get a 14.237 @ 90.13. :thumbs:

Our trucks MAF is the same as a Z06's plus the screen. The Z06 did away with the screen because there is enough straight airflow before the wires to meter correctly. Our trucks are different because of the air box being so close.

Any tunner that talks you into an aftermarket GMS for an SS is just taking your money. All respected tunners in the LS field use the stock 85mm MAF.

Archived