Interesting sound after installing CAI

2006SilverSS

Hey all,

After installing the Outlaw CAI I noticed that during more aggressive accelerations there is a whistling sound now :dunno:. I have had intake systems before and never heard anything like this. It's hard to tell if it's coming from the intake or the exhaust but it only seems to be there in the RPM range of 2800 - 3500. Any ideas on what might be causing this would be appreciated.

Thanks.

You ran over a WHISTLE! duh. I'm kidding, I have TrueFlow and after installing it my does the same thing, I don't know the physics behind it but your engine's intake is a vacuum and sucks air in, now that more air is coming in, it whistles... -Bill Nye the Science Guy.

Whistle = air leak? 

Growling Outlaw here too.  :dunno:

That was my first thought but haven't been able to find anywhere that it would be leaking from. I might just have to check it again and tighten everything again to see if that helps. Thanks.

There's no leaks... :wtf: Just like AJ said your engine is a vaccum and it sucks air in. Thats what performance intakes do it suck more air in. My first truck I had was a chevy with the 5.7L and it whistle alll the time from the K&N. Last trucks intake whistled. My truck now whistles alittle with the Volant. My friends tundra whistle and my friends titan whistles...Nothin to worry about. Enjoy the performance :thumbs:

Archived