Geez, I guess I need new injectors now

I'm finally starting to get a grasp (a little) on the tuning thing. After reviewing my log of a 1-2 WOT shift (I had to let off) my injector duty cycle is 97%. I have the stock radix injectors 42lbs and my question is how big? I am done with mods, just want to get what I have in shape. I have 2 new O2 sensors on order because I am getting 2 different readings, but anyhow my engine is stock displacement, 9.25 to 1, .640 lift comp cam 227 dur, LT headers, and 8psi. I was figuring at least 50 pounders. There is a screenshot of my log below, comments are welcome and appreciated. Thanks

I might add that for some reason I am getting a little KR right after the shift, some insight would be helpful. If someone wants to look at my tune (HPT) I appreciate it.

Dave

post-7081-1155697861_thumb.png

Edited by Bowtie70SS (see edit history)

...me personally, I go off of the wideband not IDC. I am running way over 100% IDC. With a wideband, watch for the upward "slope of death". As long as it doesn't lean out too much.... Are you holding a solid FP number in the upper RPM band?

I am way overdue for an injector swap. I will be doing the SVO's when I get around to it. Seems that people are having good luck with them.

As for the mild KR at shift,...I too see a * at times. Most of the time I am clean. I was and still am picking up a degree or two when the converter engages in 3rd gear :mad:

With as much work as you have into that I agree that it would be worth putting a wideband on it to see if it is really going lean or not. You don't appear to be maxing the maf too bad so you should have plenty of injector left. If you do swap injectors I do highly recomend the SVO's also.

...me personally,  I go off of the wideband not IDC.  I am running way over 100% IDC.  With a wideband, watch for the upward "slope of death".  As long as it doesn't lean out too much.... 

:withstupid:

With as much work as you have into that I agree that it would be worth putting a wideband on it to see if it is really going lean or not. You don't appear to be maxing the maf too bad so you should have plenty of injector left. If you do swap injectors I do highly recomend the SVO's also.

also :withstupid:

I have been very busy lately, working some OT. I only have an hour here or there to tweak it. I will watch the FP closer, I did just put a new filter on. The idle air in gear is driving me nuts as well. My truck goes on cruise control, although when you stop it is ok. Anyhow, back to the injectors...I'll have to do a search on the SVO's I assume they are 60lbs? Also they'll require spacers and a pigtail change but no special drivers right? My next big investment will be a wideband, although I don't have the enhanced cable for my HPtuners. I will have to look at which scenario is best for me, to get something like a AEM or from Innovative. I am gonna try and stay under $400 if I can. Later'

Dave

The knock after the shift could be several things such as -

VE too bumpy/lean in that area

Too much timing at high boost, low rpm

Exhaust/headers banging

Torque management

Wideband, wideband, wideband - look into upgrading your setup so you can log the wideband data along with your scanning software.

Wideband....I just bought one. Got the LM-1 and the LMA2 from e-bay for $385 new shipped to my door. That was a pretty decent deal. I've come to realize now is not the time to cheap out. I mean I have like 10k in mods,SC, and engine why not spend $400 more? I hope to get this tune dead nuts by next weekend assuming I get my wideband and get it installed by mid next week. Later

Dave

I have been very busy lately, working some OT. I only have an hour here or there to tweak it. I will watch the FP closer, I did just put a new filter on. The idle air in gear is driving me nuts as well. My truck goes on cruise control, although when you stop it is ok. Anyhow, back to the injectors...I'll have to do a search on the SVO's I assume they are 60lbs? Also they'll require spacers and a pigtail change but no special drivers right? My next big investment will be a wideband, although I don't have the enhanced cable for my HPtuners. I will have to look at which scenario is best for me, to get something like a AEM or from Innovative. I am gonna try and stay under $400 if I can. Later'

Dave

The SVO's are roughly 49lbhr running at the fuel pressure that your truck runs at. They are pretty well big enough that they can flow more fuel than the Radix can supply air for.