Whats Your Choice of LT Headers Poll

CaliChevyV8

Dynatech, Pacesetter, Belanger, AZ Speed & Marine  

249 members have voted

1. 1. Dynatech, Pacesetter, Belanger, AZ Speed & Marine

• [IMG]http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i161/kylesteve/Exhaust/DynatechHeaders.jpg[/IMG] Dynatech?
    • [IMG]http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i161/kylesteve/Exhaust/PacesetterHeaders.jpg[/IMG] Pacesetter?
    • [IMG]http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i161/kylesteve/Exhaust/BelangerHeaders.jpg[/IMG] Belanger?
    • [IMG]http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i161/kylesteve/Exhaust/AZSpeedMarineASM.jpg[/IMG] AZ Speed & Marine (ASM)?

IMO, the price difference in just headers by themselves, the Pacesetters would win out. I have seen and helped finish a Dynatech header system install and was not too impressed. I have had the ASMs on my truck before and would buy them over the Dynatechs. Quality of fit and finish is better. Personally, I thought going with the Pacesetters was slightly risky, but they have been put on f-bodies for years now. I think the reason they are cheaper is the fact that they don't try to gouge you because you have a LSx motor like every other manufacturer out there. If you'll notice...everything that has the LSx tag to it is nearly double. The price on the Pacetter headers is on par with other maunfacturers out there if you remove the LSx tag.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it is amazing how you can buy pacesetters coated for $400 or spend $1400 for non-coated dynatechs  :eek:

i did'nt know they were that much more expensive, thats :crazy:

i was always planning on the pacesetters for my self because i thought they were a couple hundred less... and from those pics up at the top i would'nt want to deal with that weird bend either :crazy: plus i could do a hell of a lot to my truck for another $800 my list includes drop spindles $232 from summit, addco sway bars front and back ebay $265, wait4me tune $158, 160 t-stat $30 ebay, for a total of $685 leaving me $115 to spend on something else for the truck???.

so i'm just explaining how much more you can get for that much money.. it makes no sense to get uncoated dynatechs, when the pacesetters are so much cheaper coated.. if the dynatechs made 3 times the power of pacesetters i would understand.. or maybe everyone else has more money to blow then i do :tear:

but even if i had more i would still get the pacesetters IMO.

i have'nt bought the pacesetters yet so i have no experiance with any of these brands, but i have'nt heard anyone complain about them on the forums?.. so i don't think the dynatechs could be that much better to justify an $800 increase in price... BTW i want to order the pacesetters, anyone have the part number for a 2wd V-max? thanks.

Something that has not been mentioned here, is that the Dynatech system includes 2 high flow cats, all piping needed to connect with the stock pipes, and all the bungs for 02 sensors are already in place. Not to mention it's all reversable because there's no cutting or welding required, and they're made of stainless and don't *need* to be coated IMHO (not sure what the PS is made of). Mine have been on for 8 months, and asides from turning a little blue coming off the heads they look fine - and no higher under hood temps before or after installation (with no coating) that I can tell when I open the hood.

Also, the price on Dynas has come down $150 on Tbyrne to $1350. If you want to compare apples to apples though, price ONLY the Dyna headers themselves and not the compelte system.

I purchsed my dynatechs slightly used(<5,000 miles) so I didn't pay anything near the $1,350 price. Plus the dynatech system is a complete bolt on application. No cutting, no fab work to do. Figure in the cost to have the pacesetters welded, new cats, pipe work done and it's starts to cost a lot more. I'm happy so far with my setup. Both are worth the cost.

If you believe there is not much difference between coated/non-coated, you're wrong. There may not be much of a difference between the stock manifolds and non-coated, but if that is what you are referring to then you don't realize how much heat they really are making. I can drive my truck, park it, and if I wanted to could grab one of my primaries in about 20 minutes. You would have to wait a couple of hours - easy. I had non-coated stainless headers on my last truck and they get incredibly hot compared to a coated set. You must not have a basis for comparison.

The dynatech set is complete, sure. I put Pacesetters on and had custom welded, 3" mandrel pipe put in with x-pipe, for less than that complete set. The dyna set has smaller than 3" pipes.

I equate it to getting a catback on the SS. I don't fault people for getting it, but all that is needed is a muffler change. The stock pipes are pretty good. Some of the catbacks like Corsa even go to a smaller than stock pipe.

Is there anything negative anyone has to say about the pacesetters (besides the fact they aren't bolt up)? Any problems? Anyone wish they would have spent the extra cash and got the dynatechs instead?

I haven't heard anything negative about the pacesetters so far. I just went with the dynatech setup because I wanted to do the install myself and the price was right. I don't think you can do wrong in choosing pacesetters or dynatech. :D

Seems like the only problem I've heard so far is the gaskets. But the is a very small problem...Just spend a little extra and get some better copper gaskets or somthin. Installation may be tougher than the dynatechs, but its for a small price to be done by a shop compared to buyin the dynas.

Most people seem to either go for the cheapest-pacesetters or the most expensive-dynatechs. Nobody has really got into the middle companys listed, ASM & Belanger.

Belangers are the most expensive.  The $1300+ price-tag is just for headers, not cats also like dyna.

Oh yeah, forgot about that. So how are you liking your pacesetters compared to the ASM's you had before? Why did you switch?

I have the belanger headers on my truck right now and I love them. I have also put 3 other sets on some customer cars all without any complaints. I know the price is high, but I believe they will make a little more power over the other headers IMO. If I were to buy a new truck I would buy another set of Belanger headers without any hesitation.

I have the belanger headers on my truck right now and I love them.  I have also put 3 other sets on some customer cars all without any complaints.  I know the price is high, but I believe they will make a little more power over the other headers IMO.  If I were to buy a new truck I would buy another set of Belanger headers without any hesitation.

Thats cool to hear someone has those. What do you like about them most? Were they a easy fit and install? Was it tough moving the cats for them? How do you think they are better than the other 3 brands?

I have the belanger headers on my truck right now and I love them.  I have also put 3 other sets on some customer cars all without any complaints.  I know the price is high, but I believe they will make a little more power over the other headers IMO.  If I were to buy a new truck I would buy another set of Belanger headers without any hesitation.

Thats cool to hear someone has those. What do you like about them most? Were they a easy fit and install? Was it tough moving the cats for them? How do you think they are better than the other 3 brands?

The install is very simple. I did mine in the garage on a set of jack stands and never had a problem. The fit has been perfect on every set I have ever done. You do not have to move the cats in order to install these, but you do have to weld a flange to the end of the cats. I can't say for sure that they are actually better then any of the other ones, but I would love to run my truck against one with identical mods but different headers. It would be an interesting outcome. With the supercharger, it seems like the headers are just perfect! I woundn't trade them for any of the other one. I also like the fact that not that many people have them, so it make my truck a little more unique.