looking for info just for the fun of it

OK, fill me in here. what would be the benefits of running dual MAF's???

More air flow without maxing out the MAF and you can run dual intake setups say like pulling through two turbos. or blowing through two throttle bodies.

OK, fill me in here. what would be the benefits of running dual MAF's???

More air flow without maxing out the MAF and you can run dual intake setups say like pulling through two turbos. or blowing through two throttle bodies.

I've experimented with it on a twin turbo SBC in a second gen TA, and it was MUCH easier to convert to a single MAP sensor in the intake manifold.

We wired the MAF signal wires in series, but first had to hack the bin (using an '86 OBD-I GM ECU and harness with a Pocket Programmer II and Moates hardware) to increase the resolution in the load vs. signal reference tables to get the thing to idle worth a dang. Each MAF *SHOULD* read half of the air coming in, right??? Wrong... the sample tube size vs the air coming in /2 throws the sample tube to MAF size ratio waaaaaaaay off. Larger sampling tubes like those available in aftermarket MAF's would have helped here, but 2 aftermarket MAF's + the added time consumed in tuning = quick and easy MAP swap instead...

• 1 month later...

I run the SCT BA2800 in my mustang. I have yet to peg it, and i run a S/C with a Big-Shot 200 shot.

the gentleman talking about sample tubes, I would "think" he is talking about C&L Maf's. If that is correct stay the hell away from them. I pissed away more garage nights trying to tune with those than i care to remember. everytime you clock it a different way, or the vibration rotates it, it messes up the tune.

in the end the SCT BigAir is a 90mm MAF that takes a lot to peg, and hinders air inlet very little. not worth the hassel of doing a dual setup, when the SCT will do the job just fine.